sovan

Best selection Outdoor PTZ in theme park.

Hi All,

I'm a newbie, i want to select the outdoor PTZ camera to install in theme park.

1. Focus max distance 200m

2. Better images in low light place.

Should i choose the IR-Speed dome with 18x or 24x, Speed dome with 18x or 24x?

I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

At 200m, Infrared lighting is not much of a realistic option. Best to get a good quality day night, and hope for some ambient light from some existing lighting fixtures in the park.

Are you going IP or Analog? I have a Vivotek sd7313 in the field right now, and it is awesome at night, just moon light is all it needs to get a image. The PTZ part does not work well with Avermedia, but it is OK with it's own web interface.

At 200m, Infrared lighting is not much of a realistic option. Best to get a good quality day night, and hope for some ambient light from some existing lighting fixtures in the park.

Are you going IP or Analog? I have a Vivotek sd7313 in the field right now, and it is awesome at night, just moon light is all it needs to get a image. The PTZ part does not work well with Avermedia, but it is OK with it's own web interface.

Thank you so much matech8888,

I will use the Analog speed dome, for IR speed dome The longest distance of the build-in IR lamp is around 80m that is a disadvantage.

Do you have the video demonstrate for this condition?

why not use a camera with IR laser.

i am planning to buy an IR laser , on ebay and several sites you can find it for about 250 dollar (laser only)

it does light up to +/- 250 meter or more

and indeed buy a light sensative cam something like 0.00001 lux

atleast thats what i should do

Do be advised that if a manufacture quotes a certain distance that their IR lights can reach, you will want to cut that in half to get a realistic figure for a USABLE amount of light. Then, don't forget that that is only in a certain range / angle of view. They may have a pretty narrow beam, thereby allowing for a longer throw.

also, they usually test within a closed structure environment where there are walls around which helps with lighting reflection. You usually get less IR thrown in open areas.

yes off course the manufacturers will place nice ratings to sell there product

but if you look at this movie they also send it does seem to work pretty good if you ask me.

do not know for sure if it is 100meter or more but certainly looks like a big distance

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg5NTMyNTQ4.html

its some sort of a Chinese you tube link

i also have a PDF file with the prices and sorts they sell

if i understood correctly they have one with a lens also that can zoom in and zoom out so the further you go the more you can narrow or wide it.

(no i am not a salesman, just interested in this stuff also have the same "problem")

Hi All,

I'm a newbie, i want to select the outdoor PTZ camera to install in theme park.

1. Focus max distance 200m

2. Better images in low light place.

Should i choose the IR-Speed dome with 18x or 24x, Speed dome with 18x or 24x?

I appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks

I've used Pelco Spectra PTZs for years and would highly recommend them. But forget local IR. Isn't the place lit at night?