qman

ISC EAST SHOW 2005

Ok Rory... sure they are...

Like what we found out today on certain major brand too... right Herm??

By the way, I have a meeting with them tomorrow and I am planning to drop this info on the table and see their reaction... It will be very interesting!

Thank man!

Levon

HEHE, I think that there is going to come a time when all of the majors are going to hate me, lol.

There are very few companies in the US that are the manufacturer, most have their products OEM for them overseas. If they actually made the products in the US (or Canada such as Extreme), very few people could afford them. (thank Unions for high labor costs, Insurance companies for high premiums, and the US Govt. for high taxation). Personally OEM products are what keep the prices continually competitive, thus resulting in us being able to buy for example a bike for your kid from Walmart for 50 bucks. (We couldn't fab a bike like those for 5 times that price in the US).

Now if we could just get them to send their low cost women over here...The American ones are too high maintenance and pricey.

scottj

lie to her Herm, I did to my wife for years...wait? She is my ex now...hmmmm I may on to something.

Yes they make them right there in CAN ... it sais Made in Canada on all their cameras. I just took the camera apart that you told me about earlier, and its nothing like the WizKid, doesnt even come close, other than it has an off white base, though WizKid is true white, totally different material, solid. That one is made in Taiwan, has the asian type alan key (hexagon), and the guts are identical to the Ameba Domes I tested previously, but the housing is much cheaper and lighter.

Also that company you told me about earlier, is like Provideo, they purchase OEM gear from Asia and rebadge it, for example, they use WebGate Inc for their DVRs.

Did you get to "ride" Sam's new Standalone DVR? Thanks for the call too. How long it take you to get home? Makes ya want to visit NY more often.

Well DATA, it only took me 50 min to get into White Plains. Once I got into the West Side High, I was crusing. Yes VJD, I got your message, but you didn't leave a call back number, so I couldn't get back to you.

Sam's DVR is not bad at all, I mean for the price level.

I was at the show on the second day. I noticed that Dedicated Micros and GE Kalatel were missing.

I thought $5.50 for a bottle of water from the Starbucks concession was kinda steep.

I thought $5.50 for a bottle of water from the Starbucks concession was kinda steep.

thats where the real money is

I guess this was not a good show... I would have come up only to meet with you guys and not for the show... I already knew how dull it will be anyway..

Levon

I really wish I was there to meet everyone that were attending the show just to talk over few beers or better yet, some good old american whisky.... But you guys had all the fun....

Levon

Very true, but what about the pizza downstairs? $6.50 for a pesonal, 8inch wide pizza? and it tasted like crap.

This is New York.

Who eats at a show, especially in NY. Walk upstairs and outside. Same price, better food. You could have gotten a dirty water dog.