nadajoey

amplifier/splitter for CCTV camera

hi, i recently installed a cctv camera and brought it to a TV. Now I want to split the signal to another TV. The coaxial cable is a RG59. Can a simple coaxial splitter amplifier do the job? or do I need a special CCTV splitter? I don't know the difference so I am looking for some guidance. Preferrably I'd like to conserve as much quality as possible.

thanks!

A basic splitter (BNC T-connector or RCA Y-cable) should be acceptable for a two-way split. Any more than that, you'll definitely need some sort of active splitter.

Hi i got same problem here, can i just joined the coax cable in 3 tv? because i need 3 tv display for my clients requirements.

thanks in advance,

yurie.

Typical amps with coaxial connections (F-connector screw-on ones) will NOT work with this. They amplify RF signals, CCTV cameras transmit composite video.

I was under the impression that compostire signals could not be split at all unless they were amplified. Soundy does a 2-way split actually work??

hi, i tried a typical splitter and no success. The signal doesn't seem strong enough to carry to both my TV;s. What's my alternative? Please be specific and detailed, I am a newbie.. and very ignorant!

I was under the impression that compostire signals could not be split at all unless they were amplified. Soundy does a 2-way split actually work??

I do it all the time - split a camera out to a monitor and DVR, for example. Of course, cheap cameras with poor output drivers may have problems with this, and consumer gear may not load the line properly... but it works just fine, and for some very long runs, with "pro" gear.

I suspect if the OP is having problems with this, it's because he's trying to run the camera directly into his TV's RF input... OP, unless you're using a modulator, you have to run the camera into an A/V input (usually a yellow RCA jack) on the machine.