JackOfAllTrades

Qvis DVR

That sounds like it offers better quality than my current Averdigi Nano. The footage from that is less than ideal hence one of the reasons I'm changing. If the footage on the Qvis is good enough for the police then it's good enough for me! The fact it records at full D1 on each channel at 25fps is also impressive.

Any comments on the iPhone app? The one impressive aspect of the Avermedia unit is the app which is very user friendly and works flawlessly. Any issues with the equivalent app for the Qvis?

Keep in mind my 4 channel Qvis records up to 30 FPS on the first channel and up to 7 FPS on the other 3.

I have a Blackberry and Dahua has not been supporting DMSS for Blackberry for a while. So I have an older version on my phone - a bit clunky to use but it works viewing 1 camera at a time - no playback. Again, for my needs it is okay.

going from aver to dahua. seems like going backwards. we sell both and at the moment 4 way dahua is £98.

also to have control over a dahua while away you need the PSS software unlike the aver (you download from unit)

going from hybrid unit to analog

Maybe so but the aver is not as good as expected. It has poor support, no MAC software, few video outputs (at least on mine), very poor frame rates, lacks many of the features on the Dahua, very poor quality on live viewing on analogue cameras (can't comment on IP) and very poor PTZ support with no way to access presets above 16.

I've lived with the aver for over two years and I'm afraid my experience of it does not live up to its hype or price point. For a unit proposing to be high end or close to, it lacks a lot. It has it's good points but I'm not convinced its good value given the issues I've experienced.

Just one users opinion so others may disagree.