SEANHAWG

Video of Moron stealing my baby stroller

The Story:

We had our old dishwasher listed on craigslist, a guy called us up to buy it. So he comes here and actually does pay $100 for the old dishwasher. He was taking forever to tie up the dishwasher in his truck and my kids were fighting inside so I go into to deal with them. The guy was a super nice guy and I wasnt thinking anything of it that he would actually steal something out of my garage but yep he did. I was wondering why he was taking so long so I go into room where the DVR is located to take a look at the monitor, as soon as I go in there, I see him get in his truck and leave. At this time, I didnt know that he stole it, I had just walked in my room after that. It wasnt until the next day that I had found out that my stroller was gone. The good thing is that I got his cell phone and home phone and I turned the video into the cops. Probably not expecting to get the stroller back but hopefully the guy will get some type of charges pressed. That was a darn expensive stroller too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAcSzWCzujo

Unbelievable.

This is an impulsive person. He was considering if he should take it or not for a while.

What camera was that recording him?

Hi Sean. give the guy a ring on his cell. and Apologise for forgeting to charge him for the baby stroller.

and can he call with the $400

and send him the link to youtube video.

people like that who steal from kids are just scum. and its good if you let them know it ........... should post his cell number on here ...... lets all give the guy a ring

I'd be kicking that watch dog for sleeping on the job. Seriously, that bites. That guy needs to be tracked down and arrested. ARGG that kind of thing is reason one I don't sell on craigs list. If I did, I would probably meet them in a well lit busy place. You never no who you can trust.

Haha! Looks like you got him! What an idiot.... " title="Applause" />

Yea, was the PTZ motion-tracking?

I'm hoping you get the stroller back! And that he gets in trouble.

I just don't understand people like this. This is exactly why I love CCTV!

Did he leave that big mess on the ground too? I'd charge him to clean that up as well, even if it was there before

What camera was that recording him?

Fasttrax 3 PTZ.

Hi Sean. give the guy a ring on his cell. and Apologise for forgeting to charge him for the baby stroller.

and can he call with the $400

I have thought of many different creative scenarios on what I will do. For now, I want to think he got away with it and see what the cops can do with the info they got. If I dont hear anything for a while, I'll start getting creative.

I'd be kicking that watch dog for sleeping on the job

That actually not my dog. Our little poodle is in heat so we have every male dog in our neighborhood at my house now. In a matter of fact, there was a nice brutal dog fight right when she showed up at our house.

Where you controlling the PTZ camera?

Yeah thats what sux. I went in to go look at my camera right when he got in the truck. I actually didnt see him do it at the time that you see me move the camera, I walked in my room right after he did it. I wish I would have seen him, because you would have seen me do a form tackle on him in the video shortly thereafter. He weighs about 3 times as much as me but I gotta alot of heart.

Did he leave that big mess on the ground too?

Thats a big patch of grass that I didnt blow off from mowing a few days before.

It really is hard to believe that someone would even take interest in someone's baby's stroller. I mean, is that how recession has been hitting people, that even the most basic of needs, would be stolen.

With the way things are going, I would not be surprised if one day, even the bottle where your baby is drinking would be stolen while they are at it.

As suspected, the cops really arent doing anything on this. But to be fair, they do have other more important things to deal with. I tried calling this guy but apparently his phone numbers are incorrect now. We have been checking Craigslist for it to pop back up for sale.

As suspected, the cops really arent doing anything on this.

It would be a different story on our city.

Best,

Christopher

From now on, someone comes to my home I don't take my eyes off them for a second.

If I have to leave them, out into the street they go to wait for me.

It never occurred to me that could happen and I thought I was pretty security conscious.

Wait a while before you do anything, as you said let him 'THINK' he got away with it for a while. The impact on him when you do finally catch up with him will be far greater.

If he called your cellphone or landline a record of his number MUST exist with one service provider or another.

When you do catch up with him;

You can either turn him in to police or get him to buy you another more expensive stroller and to pay you for the refrigerator again.

When I was a teenager, working on Saturdays in a mens fashion shop, if we caught shoplifters, we made them buy what they were stealing or we called police, sometimes both.

I can't believe the police aren't interested in that... the guy committed a friggin' burglary, pretty-as-you-please, right there on camera... and you have a phone number for him!

WTF, over?

Are you really surprised though? I wasnt.

Not letting them off by any means but I was surprised that they even came out to my house that night to be honest.

We do have an off duty case worker working on this for us as well as an attorney that has access to various tools that would help with something like this. One of his numbers he gave us was bogus, his cell # he never answers and it now appears to be disconnected.

Looked it up and couldnt find anything on it. It could be one of those "pay as you go" types that makes it easy to not be found.

How did you try to access his records by using his cellphone number? Did you use a certain service or google it?

Looked it up and couldnt find anything on it. It could be one of those "pay as you go" types that makes it easy to not be found.

If you can't track down the guy, I'd give the video to a local news station, or to your local "Most Wanted" anti-crime group (lots of places have those).

At least get his ugly, thieving mug out there for people to see