Hello, have a couple of IP cams, have Milestone Xprotect go...the free licensed one which records for up to 5 days. recently i had to save something rather important...originally i tried exporting the data from within the program. this got me no where so i chose to copy the 5 day archive...all 80gb of it. Now i have 80gb of .PIC files which nothing will open. How do i go about viewing the files, i have sort of tried substituting them back into the current last 5 days or milestone archive but something isn't right...thanks in advance.

Daniel, there is a training video on how to export video using Go. See: http://www.milestonesys.com/news/videos/viewVideo?Title=How_to_export_video_from_XProtect_Go&id=4821

Also, there is a dedicated forum for Go users to ask Milestone support questions - http://forum.milestonesys.com/Page/ViewCategory.aspx

To the best of my knowledge, Go does not allow for phone support.

I am not sure how you got .PIC files because if you exported as shown in the training video, it should default to AVI

I assume the video has already been overwritten because of the 5 day limit?

Daniel, there is a training video on how to export video using Go. See: http://www.milestonesys.com/news/videos/viewVideo?Title=How_to_export_video_from_XProtect_Go&id=4821

Also, there is a dedicated forum for Go users to ask Milestone support questions - http://forum.milestonesys.com/Page/ViewCategory.aspx

To the best of my knowledge, Go does not allow for phone support.

I am not sure how you got .PIC files because if you exported as shown in the training video, it should default to AVI

I assume the video has already been overwritten because of the 5 day limit?

thanks for reply....

when i clicked the export button ( wanting to export 3 days) at first it kept crashing (probably as so large) so tried a day, still wouldnt respond..several hours later nothing had changed...thought the only way to save this immediately is to locate the archive / media database folder and copy it exactly to a different hard drive. I managed to do this, so i have 80gb of files sat in the D drive, all in .pic files which are each about 2560kb....thousands of them. each day has its own folder...so yea..the original files are there containing the data..it must be possible? there was no way i could leave the thing trying to export for any longer as i already had lost half a day of the 5 days i wanted.....

thanks again!

Main systems choke on exporting more than a few minutes or hours.

You might want to upgrade to the next level (Essential) for $99 or a few hundred this will let you keep the video indefinitely and resolve the issue.

I suspect you can find a hack to reload the native files but it might take more time and effort then it's worth.

thanks for reply...well...i am planning on upgrading soon, but since the archive is from over 5 days ago, even if i upgrade what chance is there that i can recover the data? i posted on milestone forum, nothing yet...hardly any posts in there at all....i have no idea where to find any sort of program that will help..i have downloaded 2 programs that claim to open .pic files and nothing.....yet i must have certain clips from these days...

In the new Smart Client there is an option to export a new player with database export. This is not available in Go as I understand and I haven't found it for download on MS' site. Maybe you could download a trial version of a higher version and extract the player that way.