I built a computer for a camera server at a 88 unit (8 buildings) apartment complex to cover building entrance doors, parking lots, and trash dumpsters. I'm presently running 8 cameras but want to add more and would like ability to add ip cameras in the future. I built a robust machine (quad core, 4GB ram, 2TB WD black drives) but got talked into a cheep ($500) 16 camera card by a local outfit recommended by ADI.

The card's resolution stinks. The local retailer now only sells Geo Vision cards and they are $125 cheaper than anywhere else on the web. How can I be sure they are not clones and is Geo Vision the best card for my needs? How do they compare to AVerMedia?

I need a good 16 capture card with the capabilities of adding IP cameras.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

David

Resolution is set on CIF and when I try to change it to 4CIF the software restarts the server but reverts to CIF.

Unisight Professional software.

The local retailer now only sells Geo Vision cards and they are $125 cheaper than anywhere else on the web. How can I be sure they are not clones

Get the serial number off the card's sticker and ask GeoVision about it... if they're a legit seller, they won't mind you verifying the card's authenticity before you buy it. If they balk at the suggestion... turn and walk away.