18pcs

Bosch Divar or GE DMRe 16CT

Between the above two brands price diff is not too much. But the Bosch carries a 3 year warranty compared to a one year warranty the GE carries here in Europe.

Which one should I go in for ? Does the additional 2 year warranty make the BOSCH a better choice?

I don't know anything about the GE product. However I have installed many Bosch DIVARs and HIGHLY recommend them!!

Unfortunately I have had some trouble with Bosch DIVARs and their G3 autodomes. However I just ordered and Advanced Replacement G3 autodome today August 12 and Bosch was going to send it next day air meaning it will be in my shop August 15 by 12 noon! Not too bad a warranty!

the GE DVR by far, it is the Old Kalatel DVRs which has been around from way before the Divars came on the scene. GE has much more powerful remote software also. BUT, if your warranty is only 1 year on the GE and 3 on the Bosch, it is up to you to decide.

Ive never had a Kalatel or GE DVR fail on me yet, one came damaged from shipping and was replaced straight away, otherwise they simply work.

GE (kalatel) DVR = Plug, Play, Forget AND Connect .. for Years to come.

Being on the Europe side, also check out Baxall and Dailmeir.

Rory

Unfortunately it is not easy to get a GE this side of the world. I have been looking everywhere incl the UK.

The Baxali looks good, though have not found any info on the Dailmeir.If you have any link, will be obliged.

BTW, what is your opinion of the GEOVISION GV DVR 1480S system. I have been offered this product for around 3K euros, but I believe it is WIndows based and hence not very stable ? Any idea on this ?

As for Geo, being PC based, you will need to have some minor PC knowledge for maintenance, for any PC DVR, though I imagine at the price you mentiioned it is probably included. It is a great local system, and has some good remote video options, and their next software version is supposed to be even better. I wrote, and am in the middle of, a "better" remote video software version that what actually comes with it Geo has some great local video features, and due to the cards they use (they are software developers), they have great PC DVR accessories. Gonna be harsh but they totally suck at remote video in the current versions, but local is more important and outweighs the rest.

Basically if you build a decent PC then the system should be stable enough. The PC systems I have sold, I have tweaked windows XP and it runs smooth, fast and hasnt yet had any issues, same settings used from initial PC DVR i set up from February of this year.

$3000? Is this the whole thing, can you buy the card by itself and build the PC and put the card in yourself? If you are more than happy to buy the system built, that is fine too, just make sure who you are buying it from knows what they are doing. There are alot of guys on this forum, that sell the cards alone as well and we can assist you in alot. I do prefer a user buys local though, supporting local is always better for their economy.

dallmeier is = http://www.dallmeier-electronic.com/

right in your area, kind of ...

If you are interested in cards, there are many dealers on here that sell Geo on the Uk and Europe side, post a request for a supplier in the General Digital Discussion forum, or ask the person you go the quote from if you can just buy the card.

$3000 is not a bad price for a whole system though, actually it is very good for using the real time card you listed. That card is real time record and display up to 16 channels, and also has an RCA Real Time Analogue Display Output for CCTV Monitors or TVs. But make sure they know what they are doing as there is alot more than just buying a DELL, putting the card in, and loading the software for the card. Windows needs to be set up properly as by default it can cause alot of issues, unless it is tweaked properly for a DVR.

Rory

I am highly indebted to you for taking your time to write.

The Geovision system is this one.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/english/product/GV-DVR.htm

Geovision Taiwan has directly offered this to me. I am not sure of the HDD size but I can check. They claim it is very good and beats GE as well as Bosch. I am not sure abt this though, hence seeked your advice. I am still trying to locate a dealer of GE this side. Foud the Dallmier site, thanks. Also seems very good.

Like i said, its windows. It is definatelty a good DVR with a ton of features, lacks on the remote Video side though, right now, but you can view cameras remotely. They claim an upgrade of software in Q4 of this year.

Pros and Cons of a PC based and an embedded NON PC based i listed above, but to be clearer, theirs is embedded XP, which is PC based or more precisely windows based, where as the GE is Nucleus which is an embedded OS that is used in Cell phones and medical equipment. 2 totally different monsters.

They do include all the bells and whistles in this unit, didnt even know they had that.

But yes Dailmeir is a very good DVR, probably alot better than a Geo DVR as made in Europe so more geared towards Europe. I cant say for sure though as never used it, just heard it is very good.

Remember Geo is the software developer, not the manufacturer of the card. Same can be said for many of the PC DVRs on the market. It is a very stable card when set up properly, and all the additional features they are throwing in, do work. Getting all those parts included are normally alot of extra $$ so it is a good price for a Geo loaded up like that.

Basically that is a very good price, imagine it is only as you are getting it direct from them. Worth it if you dont want to spend on the GE etc, and if you need faster recording speeds.

Rory