CCT3V

Flashing other Manufacturer Firmware on a Standalone DVR

I purchased a Standalone 16 Channel DVR Unit for Home use and was trying to do a Firmware Update and since the Unit isn't actually branded with a Label on the front i.e. (Q-See, Nightowl etc.) I checked the System Information and it states the following:

Device Type: DVR16B-57AG

Software Version: V2.3-V100806-REV4

One the actual shipping Box it says the unit is a Model DVR6016 but when I did a Google Search for Device Type "DVR16B-57AG" it links to a Q-See Page so now the question is good or bad Idea to try flashing that Firmware on this Unit?

Here is what the Unit looks like:

167990_1.jpg

167990_2.jpg

My Current Firmware Screenshot

167990_3.jpg

Q-See Firmware Screenshot

167990_4.jpg

Thank you for any assistance

Hi, If the unit is working with no problems do not attempt to upgrade the firmware, I learnt this the hard way.

Hi, If the unit is working with no problems do not attempt to upgrade the firmware, I learnt this the hard way.

I'm assuming you have tried what I'm talking about and it didn't go to well... The only reason why I'm wanting to upgrade the Firmware is because there seems to be more Options in the actual Q-See Firmware and it's newer but if it didn't work for you I guess this is a bad Idea

Have the same unit Label on bottom DVR16B-57AG V2.0 V100128 - Flashed to new SW/FW @ Q-See web site

Product Model Number: QSDR16RTCB-500 Discontinued

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=204 Firmware 100724 Download

16 Channel H.264 Network DVR with Real Time CIF Recording and mobile phone surveillance and 500GB Hard Drive

Also D/L'ed the latest standalone viewer / Phone Viewer / Multi user viewer under the software section tab, all work great. The product could be much better but didn't shell out the $15K plus for a Pelco

Have the same unit Label on bottom DVR16B-57AG V2.0 V100128 - Flashed to new SW/FW @ Q-See web site

http://www.q-see.com/products/security-product.php?ProductId=204 Firmware 100724 Download

16 Channel H.264 Network DVR with Real Time CIF Recording and mobile phone surveillance and 500GB Hard Drive

Also D/L'ed the latest standalone viewer / Phone Viewer / Multi user viewer under the software section tab, all work great. The product could be much better but didn't shell out the $15K plus for a Pelco

Was your DVR a Q-See to begin with or a None Branded one like mine? The only reason why I'm asking that is because yours had the v100128 which is listed on the Q-See Support Site but mine is v100806 and I don't see that in the list

Firmware updates especially for budget DVRs rarely make much of a difference, if anything it would be to fix an existing bug and eventually the updates would discontinue as they bring out replacement models. The Network client software on the other hand could have some major updates over time. If you use the wrong firmware though it could cause the DVR not to start up again. Even if its the same model it might be a much older version that the firmware is not meant for.

Was your DVR a Q-See to begin with or a None Branded one like mine? The only reason why I'm asking that is because yours had the v100128 which is listed on the Q-See Support Site but mine is v100806 and I don't see that in the list

Hi !

Mine is V1.0-V091118. What is the most recent ??

With my DVR, I can't view with Iphone and also direct with my PC. Hope this firmware corect this bug ??

regards.

I try to update to 100724, but alway have error: " No thumb drive! ".

I copy the file on 1 Gb USB stick, like

x:\dvrupgrade\AL9216_T091028T090604T100724T100724.sw

or

x:\AL9216_T091028T090604T100724T100724.sw

or

and

But always the same error ! " No thumb drive! "

USB Stick is OK because I can format it with the DVR....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Any idea ?

Thanks

I try to update to 100724, but alway have error: " No thumb drive! ".

I copy the file on 1 Gb USB stick, like

or

or

and

But always the same error ! " No thumb drive! "

USB Stick is OK because I can format it with the DVR....

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Any idea ?

Thanks

You need to format the usb stick to FAT 16 and it will work.

I successfully updated my firmware following the posts above.

The only thing I can not get working is the email portion...

Has anyone got the email .jpg to work on this unit?

in main manue you have default the even and fill-in your account to trigger.

in main manue you have default the even and fill-in your account to trigger.

Yeah, I filled out the email section.. The DVR will not send email?

Strange thing, i woke up to a video loss email at 3:30am. I swapped a camera to another channel at about 9:30pm last night.

The email seems to be broken..

Are you using your ISP's SMTP server?

Alot of ISPs block port 25 and then you would need to put their server in the settings.

hi did your system send email before the firmware ???

No, not at all..

After the firmware update, I received a couple of video loss emails but no motion snapshots.

Are you using your ISP's SMTP server?

Alot of ISPs block port 25 and then you would need to put their server in the settings.

I run my own mail server- static IP and port 25 is not blocked..

I have tried my ISP email and my own hosted email- same result, no emails being sent.

Ok, made some progress...

I was using my ISP's email server in the DVR..

I switched to my own hosted server and started to get some emails thru.

I found that you need to enable the 'schedule' in recording type to get the motion alarm to send an email.

hi,

i have a raysharp dvr v9216 model no. and i want to update firmware on this model, and this current version is v2.1-v100316, so please send me the letest firmware on this model,,

if you have a firmware on this model, please send me