Sign in to follow this  
shiloo

Recover deleted files from Digia 2 Dvr

Hi,

I need help I have GE Security Digia II DVR, MPEG-4, 160 GB installed in small shop with 4 cameras, a few days ago owner returned to find Dvr unplugged & all footage deleted from the Dvr. The Dvr was in cabinet in office to which staff have access. We are trying to recover & play the deleted files but without much success. I removed HDD from Dvr & installed in Xp Pc, the bios recognises the drive, Used Easus Data Recovery which found about 70 files, 35 of the files are Shockwave Flash Files varying in size between 360MB and 4.91GB the other 35 are GZIP compression files all the same size 47.6MB. The problem is we cannot get any of the files to open we have tried all the usual players from GE Digia player, Vlc media player, Media player classic & others, We have also tried a Demo version of Diskinternals Uneraser which found 23222 files but is showing them as Jpeg when we try preview in this program it appears unable to show preview, I would be most greatfull if any of the forum members could advise on a method of viewing footage.

Sorry about length of post.

Ps. I was able to find how to reset Admisistrator password with Google in less than 1 minute, so much for password security

Thanks in advance