JackOfAllTrades

Best Wi-Fi Camera for Home Use

I just need 1 maybe 2 Wi-Fi cameras for home use. Which one would be the least expensive but still provide decent quality that will allow internet access to view the camera from a remote location.

Costco sells one for $170, it's called "Astak" but it gets bad reviews on Amazon.

Any suggestions???

WiFi cameras are essentially toys... don't think you'll find a lot of difference from one to the next other than feature set.

I just need 1 maybe 2 Wi-Fi cameras for home use. Which one would be the least expensive but still provide decent quality that will allow internet access to view the camera from a remote location.

Costco sells one for $170, it's called "Astak" but it gets bad reviews on Amazon.

Any suggestions???

Depends, is the house made of cardboard or brick?

If its cardboard then it will likely work (until the signal hits a fridge or ac duct), if its brick then forget about it and run a wire

That's not a great price and I sure would not buy most things that get bad reviews on amazon. I have a Panasonic BL-C121A for watching that cats. Like ALL cameras in this category it does not work in low light. I don't mean "works poorly", I mean "you will not see anything in low light". If you can live with that, it's fine. My house isn't large, so I've never pushed the wifi signal further than 60 ft.

How about a Foscam. Yea I know they are cheap, but I just purchased one to keep an eye on my German Sheperd who has seizures and it has been working great. I use it with my 3 analog cameras and use H264 WebCam 3.86 software. The foscam does have ir and a pretty good picture for being cheap.

Kenny

Yeah I bought a Foscam Pan/Tilt a while back. The picture is not that great but cant expect much for an $85 pan/tilt IP camera. Other than that, its not a bad deal. If you are using this for theft purposes, I would recommend getting something else, but if you are just wanting to keep an eye on something like that cats like the previous poster said, it works just fine for purposes like that.

Yeah I bought a Foscam Pan/Tilt a while back. The picture is not that great but cant expect much for an $85 pan/tilt IP camera. Other than that, its not a bad deal. If you are using this for theft purposes, I would recommend getting something else, but if you are just wanting to keep an eye on something like that cats like the previous poster said, it works just fine for purposes like that.

I would be using it just to watch a pet while I am out of the home.

So you recommend the Foscam FI8918W ?