rkenist

Medium Scale CCTV setup for Apartment Community

Greetings,

I have been tasked with coming up with a surveillance solution for a medium sized apartment community in a not so good area. The complex consists of 10 + buildings, with 6-10 units per building.

The management company is requesting a setup for the "bad" section of the community (two or so buildings). Naturally I want to provide a solution that's easily expandable to ultimately cover the entire complex.

What is needed:

Wireless Cameras (or ip cameras connected to access points). Initially probably 4 to 8 of them for the problematic area. NVR would be located in the central office that is multiple buildings away (hence the need for wireless or ip with access points).

I don't know what's viable versus what's a waste of money. I'd like to provide a quality solution for them to watch in the office, as well as the ability for our on site security service to be able to watch remotely via internet.

I'd like to keep this budget friendly, but do not wish to buy equipment that will fail or not perform to requirements. I'd expect the footage to be used somewhat regularly by local authorities to aid in crime solving and prevention.

Any help with a starting point would be greatly appreciated!

Greetings,

I have been tasked with coming up with a surveillance solution for a medium sized apartment community in a not so good area. The complex consists of 10 + buildings, with 6-10 units per building.

The management company is requesting a setup for the "bad" section of the community (two or so buildings). Naturally I want to provide a solution that's easily expandable to ultimately cover the entire complex.

What is needed:

Wireless Cameras (or ip cameras connected to access points). Initially probably 4 to 8 of them for the problematic area. NVR would be located in the central office that is multiple buildings away (hence the need for wireless or ip with access points).

I don't know what's viable versus what's a waste of money. I'd like to provide a quality solution for them to watch in the office, as well as the ability for our on site security service to be able to watch remotely via internet.

I'd like to keep this budget friendly, but do not wish to buy equipment that will fail or not perform to requirements. I'd expect the footage to be used somewhat regularly by local authorities to aid in crime solving and prevention.

Any help with a starting point would be greatly appreciated!

Avigilon,Avigilon and Avigilon again

Avilgon in "the bad section of the community"

Homeboys would be hanging those Avilgons from their rear view mirrors

lmao, this thought has already occured to me. Mounting options will have to be in such a place that it will be difficult for them to be tampered with. The good news is, it's a one way in one way out scenario, with vehicles anyway.

lmao, this thought has already occured to me. Mounting options will have to be in such a place that it will be difficult for them to be tampered with. The good news is, it's a one way in one way out scenario, with vehicles anyway.

Avigilon makes vandal domes that are about as durable as anything else on the market (domes are about all you would want to use in this instance, anyway).

I would check and see if there is phone cabling between buildings that is owned by the community, and if this is the case, I would use a set of DSL modems (I've used quite a few from Planet Technologies, http://planet.com.tw/index.php,to create high speed network links inside the complex.

If that's not an available option, with wireless, I've had good results with Ubiquiti NanoStations (http://ubnt.com/nanostationm).

Do not ever use cameras with built-in wireless, they tend to be absolute garbage, as well as the fact that you are limited to mounting cameras with a line of sight to the receiver, which is usually not the optimal position for the cameras.

I'm doing a similar project, 8 buildings, 11 units per building.

My system is a hybrid with 12 analog cameras. I want to add 5 IP cameras where can I get pricing information on Avigilon?

David

(609) 304-9372