Gobal

Help with this DVR Card

Hello all,

As you can see I am new to this forum and need some help with this DVR card I have just purchase from ebay, I know now that it was may have been a mistake from reading all the other post on this forum, please go easy on me .

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-CCTV-16CH-DVR-Card-240fps-Surveillance-D228_W0QQitemZ5796498741QQcategoryZ60839QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The card came with some software just called digital Video Recoding software which looks like an original disk and this works ok but it just not have the functions I am looking for. I am only using 4 of the channels and may up to 8 at a later date. The divers have been installed as DVR Video Capture Device and this is repeated 4 times. I have looked on the card and there is no manufactures name I can find, all I see is 4 chips with the markings Techwell TW6800 and a PLX Technolgy chip

I have played around with some of the software out there but it keeps referring to IP address from the cameras and I cant find any IP address from my setting to refer to the cameras.

Any help you can give would great.

Many thanks

I know this card, and for the price, it's not a bad deal, just won't have as many features as the more expensive ones.

What exactly is it that you are asking?

Hi Herminshs,

Thanks for your fast reply. The main thing I am looking at is the motion recording, the setting on this software are not very good also the software crashes after about 30 mins I get an error report pop up with the sent report or close thing if I leave the error report up on the screen and just move it to the side the systems keeps recording and movement in the channels is fine, as soon as I touch anything it completely crashes and I need to reboot. I think the software I am using is a little unstable.

Can you recommend any software that will work with this card.

Many thanks.

There are quite a few software packages that will work with this board. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me remember the names of them at this time, I will go through some old archived files and see what I can find for you.

scottj

Thanks Loop,

At least I know the make and model now. The zip files have a password on them do you know it ? But I believe this is the same software as I already have, what I am looking for is other software that I could try out which is compatible with this card.

Thanks for all you help people

I believe anykeeper software or kd-net software will work with these cards. I use kd-net for mine and it works ok except with router i cant connect with just i explorer . Remote view works fine with software though

Don't waste your time on trying other software to work with your card.

Either use the software bundled with it, or buy another card that has the functions you need. My advice...

I'd really like to hear more on what you think of this card. I've looked at DVR cards for quite some time and am rather intrigued by these seemingly inexpensive hardware driven H.264 cards but have not had a chance to test one. I've seen the Wave-P boards on ebay but the screenshots of the software doesn't seem very impressive and I assume this is why you must be interested in another solution?

The hardware is inexpensive and can be mass produced. It is the software that takes the time and money, and supporting the cards and software.

The software that came with the card is basic but easy to use for beginners. I would be happy with this software if it would just run without crashing every 30 minutes or so.

I have been in contact with Wave-P and in a nut shell they say the card I have, “the Ether8416â€

what operating system are you running, does it say which OS it is designed for? Crashing is a software/OS issue normally, though could also be hardware related on the PC. Whats the specs on the PC also? This can change from one card to the next.

Rory

Hi Rory,

I am using the card with Windows XP on a AMB Sempron 3000+ with 512MB of Ram and a GEforce FX5200.

Be sure you are using an Intel Chipset mainboard, and you installed the way they ask you to do on the ebay link that you bought the card. It should work.

K7VT4A PRO. Socket A(462) for AMD processor VIA KT400A chipset; For FSB333MHz AMD Athlon XP/Sempronâ„¢ processor

Think this may be your problem, very few cards will work okay with Via, but most dont. Generally you need an Intel or SIS chipset.

I wonder if scottj was able to remember the software packages that he says will work with this card. I have the cheaper model of this card "8104", and the latest software is still full of bugs, for instance the motion detection recording does not work well. We primarly use Geovision and Kodicom cards for our installations but we beleived that this cards would be usefull to reach a much bigger market(for the price) so we bought 100 of this ones from Wave-P. We developed a watchdog for the "send information" error and it's working with unattended systems but for the regular user it just won't work for the use they give to their systems.

Problem is, even the SDK or Customized Software is based on the manufacturer's software, so it can still be as buggy even if you customized the SDK yourself.

This card is a problematic one. I too have the same problem as faced by Global.

I installed 9 cameras for this card as it promised to support up to 16 cams (for my client future expansion).

Then, prior to installation at the client site. I tested with one camera - no problem even running for 48hrs. But upon installation at the site with 9 cams. The error message keeps popping up. Some times after few minutes, some times after few hours. Even with the error message of "Encoder problem" the cameras will still be running and do motion detection recording. But cam no: 4 to 9 will freeze after that followed by cam no: 1, 2 and 3 hours later. This was confirmed by the dvr media files that generated from motion detection.

Contacting both web pages:

The seller brand - JMK : www.jmk.com.cn

and the generic manufacturer: Wave Particle: www.wave-p.com

met with NO REPLY from both sites.

If there is a problem then the ethical and responsible manufaturer or reseller must witdraw this product from the market and saving us the trouble, effort, time and money to test this stupid DVR card. Also, they must make sure that the card is supported with the patch up software and easily available in thier web page for easy down loading. Not like the wave particle company to lock their software with password. Worst still, now you can't even download anymore.

We should all spread the news about their wrong doings to totally abstain from using their products. Also pre-warn others not to fall into their trap. Until and unless the come out with free refund or replacement card that has been improved hardware wise as well as software wise.

By the way I used the most high end components:

CPU: Intel socket 478 P4 2.4GHz 533Mhz

mobo: ASUS P4P800-X

VGA card: ATI Radeon 9550 with 256MB of DDR memory

Ram: 1.0 GB PC3200 Kinston

Drop me a e mail if any of you out ther has found the solution to it.

Thank you.

Ir. Tan Seng Khee

Managing Director

Metta Engineering Sdn. Bhd.

Malaysia.

e mail: mettaeng@streamyx.com

Hi i too own one of these cheap ebay dvr card, however apart from the odd crash i have found the software basic but ok, i noticed on ebay they are still selling the same card but mention NEW SOFTWARE, after going to wave-p website it requires a username and password and although i have emailed asking them i have had no luck does anyone have this new software for the 9808 card or the details for the website.

cheers mike...

I just happened to own this type of card a few weeks ago. It is really buggy and I guess I should have check this card before buying thru ebay. Anyway, I lost the CD and tried downloading the software from the said site but it is password protected to download. I wanted to install it to another powerful pc to see if there will be improvements. But my problem is the software as I lost the CD. Anybody here who can upload the software somewhere pleae so I can download?

TIA,

Efiggy