lely09

Software Help -- System With Both IP MP Cams & Analog

I am designing a system for a car wash. The customer wants Hi-Res cams as cars enter and then exit the high-end car wash. (This place is huge) Customer wants to have 3 Hi-Res (2mp-4mp) cams one on the left, one on the right and one above for both the entrance and the exit. For the rest of the cameras we will be doing analog CNB's, vivotek, etc. Different variety depending on mounting surface. Also considering doing a Geovision Fisheye camera in the lobby/Register area. Customer isn't concerned about detail, so I figured a 1.3mp fisheye split into the 4 screen would be a nice touch giving him a good view of the general area with one camera.

My software ideas!

Geovision GV-800 16ch card in a good PC setup (i4, 4GB Ram, etc -- Significantly above specs) I would run either 11 or 12 analog cams depending on weither we do the fisheye or not. And get Geovision NVR licenses for the remaining 6 or 7 IP MP cams again depending on the fisheye.

One issue I have already run into is that third party IP cams make the NVR license cost way more then if they are Geovision and I wasn't planning on using Geovision IP cams except for the fisheye so this could be a deal breaker. 3x the cost

I liked this solution because from my understanding I could have both analog cameras and IP cameras side-by-side. Remote access to just one address giving the customer ease of use.

What do you guys think is this my best option? Am I way off because there is clearly a better software or system solution?

Thanks in advance!

1766821781_CarWashSchematic.thumb.JPG.0e3fe04f8b73343b858fcd2ad1229492.JPG

One issue I have already run into is that third party IP cams make the NVR license cost way more then if they are Geovision and I wasn't planning on using Geovision IP cams except for the fisheye so this could be a deal breaker. 3x the cost

1 cost hybrid no licence rubbish will cost less than you can build using geo. also free is the POS cash log from register. http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/products/hybrid-dvrs/eh5216h.asp

So are you suggesting using an Avermedia card like Avermedia NV8416E or Avermedia NV6480E16 instead of a Geovision card all together?

Thanks for the quick reply.

So are you suggesting using an Avermedia card like Avermedia NV8416E or Avermedia NV6480E16 instead of a Geovision card all together?

Thanks for the quick reply.

or save money and just buy the hybrid dvr

Looks like the Hybrid DVR doesn't offer analog D1. It says up to 8 or a very low fps, but tech support basically said it doesn't have it. So if you want D1 resolution you have to go with the high-end card. Unfortunately

Looks like the Hybrid DVR doesn't offer analog D1. It says up to 8 or a very low fps, but tech support basically said it doesn't have it. So if you want D1 resolution you have to go with the high-end card. Unfortunately

Hi just a NVR/DVR will do the job. if you are using both analog and IP then your frame rate will go up as on ip frame rate is set at the camera

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/products/hybrid-dvrs/eh5108h.asp

Referring to only Analog. IP cameras will display relative megapixel. Looks like up to 7 or 8 for some cameras on there list.

One thing I found interesting though is that under spec's it said the hybrid DVR you sent a link to is limited to 2.3mp per channels 1-8 and channels 9-15 are 1.3mp and channel 16 is at 5mp. Yet, when I spoke with Aver they said any accepted camera will work at its respective MP. hmmmm?

Hi just a NVR/DVR will do the job. if you are using both analog and IP then your frame rate will go up as on ip frame rate is set at the camera

http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/products/hybrid-dvrs/eh5108h.asp

Aver they said any accepted camera will work at its respective MP. hmmmm?

they are right. it all depends on which hybrid dvr you look at the SA will run 9x 5mp or 16mp the dvr cant go above 45mp in total