bike_rider

Avigilon encoder and Blue Iris

I'm testing Blue Iris software and I like it quite a lot. It's no Milestone, but the price is crazy (est $60) and it has browser agnostic playback (aka Android support)!

My Axis encoder is great, but I'll need a second 4 channel (10 fps 4CIF per channel minimum) encoder. Has anyone used an Avigilon H264 encoder with Blue Iris? I don't think I'll get a response because BI does not seem that common here, but it never hurts to ask.

Blue Iris works, and the guy actually responds almost instantly to questions. I've played with it a few times.

Blue Iris works, and the guy actually responds almost instantly to questions. I've played with it a few times.

Hi Mike,

So you've used it with the Avigilon encoder? Cool. Now I just need to find a dealer.

Hi Mike,

So you've used it with the Avigilon encoder? Cool. Now I just need to find a dealer.

Extremely poor choice of words on my part. I meant "works" as a recording program. I'd send him an email.

Edit: I'd bet the ENC-4P-H264 could be made to work since it does mjpeg

i agree with Mike. sounds like the responder never tested with that hardware. he was just generally talking about the software and support for the software.