Arockerdude

Geovision not responding to my email request for 8.5 upgrade

I have sent three e-mails to Geovision requesting they send me the upgrade link for Geovision 8.5 and I have not gotten any response. This is the e-mail address I am using download@geovision.com.tw I always send my serial # when I send my request. It worked for the first few years but the last couple of years they don't respond. Has anyone else had problems getting them to respond lately?

I see they have the 8.5 full version software on ebay for $20 but I hate to pay for it I guess I would have the full version on disc which would be good.

They ignored my recent requests also. I'll be glad to be done with them in a week or so. (moving to an IP based system) While the software does what I need, I would never recommend it to anyone. Have they ever has an upgrade that did introduce as many bugs as it fixed?

I see they have the 8.5 full version software on ebay for $20 but I hate to pay for it I guess I would have the full version on disc which would be good.

you will be better sending $20 to your dog rescue centure ..... geo sell nothing on ebay.

I bought the card off Craigslist so I don't know if a local dealer would help. Matter of fact I don't think we have a local dealer.

Geovision sent me the update link for about four years. But for the last two years I have sent a half dozen request and they do not acknowledge my request. I sent an email to their sales dept. and they said I would have to just keep trying but they could do nothing for me. Luckily a good caring person out here shared a copy with me. As far as I'm concerned Geovision does not support their product. They will sale their product to you but no support. That has been my experience with them. I do like their product. But I question if I would go with Geovision next time. I'm considering going with a Dahua/Qvis Apollo. Anyone know of another computer based DVR that is better or as good as Geovision. I here Dahua does make security cards but I did not have much luck finding them.

They generally send you an FTP link, with a username and password.

But you can also join ezcctv.com they keep up to date zipped versions of geovision software and drivers on there site.

They also separate out all the software so your not downloading what you don't need.