avk437

CCTV to transmit Curch services on multiple LCD screens.

Hi,

I have been installing CCTV's since past one year now. Now i need some expert advice.

The Project:

Need to install HD Cameras inside a Church. So that whatever the proceeding that goes on the Altar can be seen by people sitting outside in the church premises on a few LCD's that will be installed. So I need camera specification for that. Also which type of DVR to be used for recording in Mpeg/HD quality.

One more thing. Need some type of system so that we can type some messages or overlay text messages on the video on the LCD.

Products available easily here in India is AVTECH , HikVision, YOKO, CNB.

Please help.

Pretty much all of what you're looking to do would be better served by a broadcast solution rather than a surveillance type solution.

Pretty much all of what you're looking to do would be better served by a broadcast solution rather than a surveillance type solution.

Thanks for your reply..... Could you please explain me how can I go about and install this broadcast system? Never done like this before. It would be great if you explain me in detail or just provide me links of what you are talking about.

I do exactly that with a church in San Jose with HDMI, except to have the service

at the alter and an overlay on that video will be tough.

1st how large are the monitors that this will be on?

I am doing it on 52" Sony Bravia's...but it's either a Power Point generation OR the

video at the alter shown on the monitor(s).

Bunited2

I'll be using the same 52" Sony Bravia. Approx 6 nos. Overlay is not important. that can be done later. important is the Broadcast. So what stuffs do I require?

I agree with the other posters. the conference room auditorim equipment is better suited for this type of project. We have done a couple of installs of this type and could not make cctv stuff work exactly right.

Try something like this. It has very good reviews.

http://www.shoptronics.com/5wiauvisetrb.html

Good lord, DO NOT buy this garbage... I wouldn't recommend this for someone's home setup, let alone something for a client who is obviously looking for a fairly high-end solution.

Bunited2 is on the right track - cameras with HDMI outputs along with some form of HDMI switching and distribution will be one of the most effective places to start for this.

How many cameras are you planning on having in this system? Why do you want to record them? Are you expecting to produce multi-angle DVDs of any proceedings? If so, you'll need something that records in a standard format (most DVRs don't) that can be edited by commonly-available editing systems.

Try something like this. It has very good reviews.

http://www.shoptronics.com/5wiauvisetrb.html

Good lord, DO NOT buy this garbage... I wouldn't recommend this for someone's home setup, let alone something for a client who is obviously looking for a fairly high-end solution.

Sometimes you really crack me up how you put stuff Soundy.

Depending on the budget for this system, I think what Soundy

originally meant by a Broadcast system was to transmit the

video and have a receiver at each Monitor. There are such

devices available at frys.

When I did that church I actually was recommended to the

Pastor/church by a mutual friend that had the alarm/access

at the church. The company that had installed the monitors

(3 in the sanctuary and 2 other additional in other locations)

baled and didn't finish the job. My friend referred me and I met

with the Pastor and I told him "I can't even spell HDMI, but I'll

see what I can do"

Anyway, I was able to spell HDMI pretty quick and got the

whole system working in a couple days.

If you are not familiar with HDMI I would try an RF link 1st

to one of the monitors and check the quality. If it's just one

monitor and it can be cable'd I'd do HDMI.

Good Luck

Bunited2

Sometimes you really crack me up how you put stuff Soundy.

Thank you, I'm here all week... tip your waitress!

Depending on the budget for this system, I think what Soundy

originally meant by a Broadcast system was to transmit the

video and have a receiver at each Monitor.

Well, I guess I meant more, equipment designed for broadcast (TV/cable) as opposed to surveillance - things like full-motion HD feeds to multiple displays and the ability to do overlay text will be easier to find, and with greater variety, if one shops under "broadcast TV equipment" vs. "surveillance CCTV" equipment.

If he wants to be able to switch between multiple cameras feeding the TVs (or even control which camera feeds which monitor on a one-by-one basis), then he's getting even more into either the broadcast realm, or the commercial-A/V realm. Like the restaurant chain we have cameras in: they have some really nice systems for controlling multiple sources (DVD, satellite, cable) to multiple TVs... and can even switch audio and video separately.

It's kind of like... if you wanted to put a stereo in your car, you'd shop under car audio, not home audio: same basic function, but you want something better suited to the specific task; for example, you won't find a lot of home audio gear that will run on 12V. Similarly, you could do this with CCTV equipment, but it will be difficult to find stuff that will perform ALL the functions well.

Soundy, I tipped the waitress (over) on the way out...hee hee

On my church system:

Comp in the back of the Sanctuary - vga to hdmi converter.

Graphics card for separate outputs to use a reg monitor to que up before sending

it to the large monitors. This comp would be used to do power point presentations

to put up music/wording, calendar, etc.

DVD recorder/player w/hdmi out.

Composite video to hdmi converter. I had installed a hi-res, hi-sens camera on the

wall at the back of the Sanctuary. I had installed on the camera a motorized zoom

lens. I used a 4 ch receiver with a 4 button remote that the Pastor could use

anywhere in the Sanctuary. I had it centered at the Alter so it could be zoomed

all the way in for a service, then zoomed all the way out to cover all the doors in/out

of the Sanctuary. This camera was also fed to the DVR in the security system.

All of the hdmi signals were fed into an hdmi switch, so any of the feeds could go

on to the large monitors in the Sanctuary and elsewhere, nursery, etc.

Be seeing ya'

Bunited2

Thanks a lot guys, That is a lot of info.....

Part 1

See basically What my client wants is that what ever activity that goes on the alter, needs to be broadcast on to the LCD Television out side the church (people sitting in the shed, when church is full). The proceedings on the alter will be captured from two to three angles by the cameras (no Audio, they have their sound system installed already), which shall be broadcast on to the LCDs outside. The user can shuffle between the camera angles.

Part 2

These video from the camera can also be recorded if someone requires.

I also think CCTV cannot be the solution in this type so could you please suggest which products to use, Like Which Camera's and DVR etc.

-AVK

Thanks a lot guys, That is a lot of info.....

Part 1

See basically What my client wants is that what ever activity that goes on the alter, needs to be broadcast on to the LCD Television out side the church (people sitting in the shed, when church is full). The proceedings on the alter will be captured from two to three angles by the cameras (no Audio, they have their sound system installed already), which shall be broadcast on to the LCDs outside. The user can shuffle between the camera angles.

Which user will be doing this? Will someone be designated for operating this system regularly during services?

Part 2

These video from the camera can also be recorded if someone requires.

This is where it could get expensive... because you're potentially talking about not just recording one cameras, but two or three... and then if you want to produce a DVD of the service, someone will have to edit them all together.

I think in this case, you might be better off, at least initially, just recording one camera, even if it just goes straight to a standalone DVD recorder (get something with built-in hard drive so multiple copies can be made). If there's demand for it, they want to look at a more involved system at that point.

Yes, what Soundy said.

If you look back at my last system description, the camera on

the back wall is fed through the DVD recorder so that camera

can have a DVD burned, the DVD is also located at the sound

board so audio is fed directly into the recorder also. Then fed

up to the Security DVR for security recording.

When you start talking about 'someone' determining between

a couple of different views (like Soundy's question) who would

be doing that?

You said that you don't think that cctv will work, I think you

meant it will work. Your composite video will actually be the

easiest to work with and distribute. I think if you want to have

one or all 3 cameras on the screen(s) and to choose which,

you can get a simple quad for just over $ 100, usually this

should also have an alarm input which will switch between

quad and 'A' camera. Get a 4 channel remote and a 4 channel

handheld transmitter and the Pastor? can switch views from

the alter.

More (somewhat) useless information brung'd to you by:

Bunited2

You said that you don't think that cctv will work, I think you

meant it will work. Your composite video will actually be the

easiest to work with and distribute.

Except he wants to do it in HD (per original post). Doing this with CCTV-specific equipment would be overly complex and probably cost-prohibitive, plus selection of equipment that would really fit the bill would be extremely limited.

Oops I thought you said overlay, you said overly. I am still

talking about all video being converted to HDMI, The DVD

already has an HDMI out and the composite to HDMI and the

VGA to HDMI converters are readily available too.

They just need to all be fed to an HDMI switch.

Bunited2

Sanyo used to make a box zoom camera with HDMI out...

Not sure if you could stll get a hold of one since the buy out.

Would work great with a ZeeVee box. Distributes HD video over coax for use with off the shelf TVs and their built in tuners...

Sweet! We had something similar when I worked in the newsroom for a local ABC affiliate. I've never priced anything like that. I bet it's expensive!