Bmonaweck02

Samsung SCC-130

I am looking at these Samsung SCC-130 cameras with a 7mm-70mm lens on them... I know that samsung makes good cameras but are these good quality cameras or are they old and out dated. Also, what are some other good cameras for around $100. I am looking at some cameras with the Sony Effio chips in them because I heard that they are good.

I am looking to set-up a system A.S.A.P. but I do not want to make the mistake of getting junk.

I am looking at getting a 16 channel DVR with 8 cameras as of right now. But do not know what brands are good. I do know that the IR cameras are not the best and that a true day/night camera is the best.

Any suggestions for good cameras for around $100 as well as a 16 channel DVR for around $500 will be greatly appreciated upfront.

THANKS in advance!!!

The Samsung SCC-130 is a very reliable Camera. It is not the latest, but can be had for a decent price.

Have you had any experience with these camera's?

Do you know how they do at night with good lighting?

Do they provide a good clear picture?

How do they compare to the CNB True Day Night Cameras?

Thank You for your help!!!

I had posted some examples somewhere on this forum of both of those. Night is nowhere close to CNB BBM24F...Bosch 495's used can be had in that price range and are great cameras.

The SCC-130 is not great for low-light. 380 line only .3 lux

but refurbs are dirt cheap.

I suggest you look at mike_va sample pics

I had posted some examples somewhere on this forum of both of those. Night is nowhere close to CNB BBM24F...Bosch 495's used can be had in that price range and are great cameras.

I did a search for bosch 495 and it comes up with Bosch VDN-495 which was $600 is there a different camera you are speaking of.

I did a search for bosch 495 and it comes up with Bosch VDN-495 which was $600 is there a different camera you are speaking of.

the samsung have been around for a while. (you can still buy new) but are on the high side in price. and you still need to buy a lens. buy S/H and you get a good deal.

http://www.nellyssurplus.com/servlet/the-1430/Samsung-SCC-dsh-130B-Security-Camera/Detail

The LTC0495 and VDN495 are discontinued but show up used. The 498 is killer with WDR, the 620 1/2" is great for low light. Default shutter concept is great, don't know why others don't do it.