Harrar

Geo 8.5 Administrator Account

Have a strange problem with a customer's system. (Windows 7 64 bit and Geovision 8.5).

The customer wanted it set up so one camera does not show on the main system screen. No problem. Created a power user account , unchecked the camera (say 15) in the Multicam tab and set the account to log in to Geovision on start up. Everything to this point works fine. Camera does not show. Customer happy.

The problem occurs when the customer logs in remotely using either Live View or Multi View with any of the administrator accounts. Camera 15 is not accessible. Customer pissed. Live View just shows "Connect to Server" message and MultiView shows "Stop" for this camera. If I reset the main system to log in with an administrator account all cameras are accessible remotely.

Tried removing and rebuilding the password account. No difference. Tried reloading 8.5 on the computer and again same problem.

We've set up systems before with camera restrictions on earlier versions of Geovision and haven't seen this problem. Is this a bug with 8.5 that anyone has seen?

No response from Geo, yet.

Did you enable the additional camera in both Webcam and Remote viewlog in the user account edit page?

It sounds like you ticked it for local viewing but forgot to add it for remote

Administrator accounts have everything checked by default and they are grayed out so you can't change them. They should be able to do everything.

As for the power user account only the one cam is not selected in the Multicam tab. Selected in all other tabs.

Edited by Guest

Your right! I forgot about that.

It sounds to me like something to do with the permissions, instead of using a power user, have your tried creating a standard user account with that camera disabled?

I just tried it with an 8.4.0.1 machine (at the moment i'm only using 8.5 for NVR, gv 650 B type cards and gv900's) and it works ok.

8.5 has been pretty temperamental with VSM, FBR's and some IP cameras, I'd try downgrading (unless you have a B type card or a GV 900 in which case your kinda stuck for the moment)

Hope it helps