frankow

Honeywell / VLC Orbiter PTZ Camera

Hi,

I have purchased a VLC Orbiter PTZ camera second hand and have no idea what any of the connections are.

Here's a picture of the camera terminations, could anyone be so kind as to explain the connections for me, greatly appreciated.

172072_1.jpg

Hi frankow. do you not have any other cables . like coax also from the head ???? if not then you do not have a VCL

can you post a full pic of the camera ??? some of the old VCL also need a control unit. you may have a VCL housing but someone has fitted another camera and connection

Thanks for the reply.

No there are no coax connections, the camera mounts internally to a 7 pin plig which is then wired to the board shown in the picture above.

Here are some more pics.

172083_1.jpg

172083_2.jpg

172083_3.jpg

172083_4.jpg

172083_5.jpg

172083_6.jpg

172083_7.jpg

172083_8.jpg

172083_9.jpg

172083_10.jpg

172083_11.jpg

172083_12.jpg

Thank you in advance.

Well I have managed to get some info:

The camera is a VCL Orbiter 0006.

I have powered the camera up and it does a start up routine.

From what I have read I think this may use RS 422 protocol and I am trying to control via RS485 viad my DVR. Can anyone explain is it is possible to get this to work?

Thanks very much.

That is definitely an Orbiter. Man, I haven't seen one of those in years...

I can't attach a PDF, so I'm going to PM you the Honeywell manual from 2005 for this camera, as well as an Old Configuration PDF that you might find handy. It's not as much information to sift through.

Good Luck!

Sorry to hijack an old thread but im hoping you can help.

I have also just picked up an orbiter from ebay but id never came with the connector that fits the top of the dome. (the 7 pin connector with data, power and video)

Does anyone know where i can get either a complete lead or the bare socket that i could wire myself.

If i knew what type of socket it was it would help.

Ive googled for ages but as the camera is quite old im struggling.

Im in the UK so any UK stores would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance for any help

again apologies for the hijack, i have a number of these camera on a building we own and need to get them up and running.

There was mention of a manual ??

Is that still around??

Wow, three requests for an ancient camera manual so far this year. That's actually pretty epic.

Here is where I got them: http://files.fusiondvrsupport.com/orbiter_manuals.zip

A helpful Honeywell tech posted them for me to download. I had to check and make sure they were even still there.

Good luck!

And here another one !

I have searched the web and collected a few pdf's, I have the same ptz cam.

I would like to control it by pelco d, or to start move on commando.

I tried many dipswitch settings with and without termination.

I ahve a pelco -d/p dome controller and a axix 241s video server, I loaded peldo driver and the vlc. I booted the cam serveral times with the rs485 connected.

I many manuels the dip switches names are revered so on my cam just like the one here they talk about dilsw1 with 4 settings but on mine it's dilsw2.

in the small document so posted on the last page they talk about the correct dilsw2 not is use.

The wiring seems to be ok btw a diffrent type VCL does run on the axis with the vcl driver

Are they people who get it working.

My pictures and colelcted info: http://vanelmpt.nl/collected_info.zip

what is the lk17 jumper ?

thanks in advance !!

Jeroen

edit: some more info and questions

You might have got it to work by now but anyways to get it to work with pelco, inside the camera there's 2 switches (4button switch and a 8 button switch) on the 4 button switch set switch 1,3,4 off and leave 2 on, that will set to baud rate 2400(ill come to that) and to pelco, on the 8 switch button put all the buttons to off. Now wire the camera to input 1 of your dvr. Now on your dvr ptz setting for camera 1 select "address" as 1 "baud rate as 2400 telemetry as pelco d.

If your dvr has a telemetry for "VCL" choose that and set the 4 switch button to all off and I think the baud rate for that is 9600.

Hope that helps

Ok I got a big problem, I kind of accidentally plugged the camera to the mains (don't ask how lol) and something blew, I'm guessing its the fuse, nose it's not coming on. Any solutions??

Hi there, Honeywell i find are very good,can anyone tell me about xvision range cctv cameras are they good , waiting to here from someone

Regards

Peter

Ok I got a big problem, I kind of accidentally plugged the camera to the mains (don't ask how lol) and something blew, I'm guessing its the fuse, nose it's not coming on. Any solutions??

i think you may have killed it !

I have one of these VLC Orbiters, the problem i have is understanding what voltage they run off has it has 2 different one's in the enclosure, 1 for the camera & another for the heater fan de-mister, i also need an enclosure has i damaged this one while scalling the prison wall, can they still be obained. Thanks in advance.