Sign in to follow this  
Megapixelman

Exacq EL Mini Issues

Hi,

Has anyone used these before with Megapixel Cameras... I am using 6 x FD8362E Cameras and I am finding that I have a 15 second delay on the monitor.

Camera Settings:

1920 x 1080, 5 Frames, H.264, 1500 bit rate.

The unit actually only comes with I3 processor & 1GB DDR Ram...yes DDR Ram and we are in 2011.. I have added another stick of DDR ram but still the same issue.

When I have 2 Cameras on the Mini the system has zero lagg, but add the 3rd, 4th camera and it just becomes a real mess.. Although I can view all the cameras without lag via 6 x seperate I.E pages but when going through the Exacq then the problem Starts.

I have emailed Support at Exacq but does anyone have any other solution for resolving this.

Thanks

MM

Gotta love H.264 Switch the to MJPEG and see what happens.... I think that unit is designed more as a server not a client/server. How does the video look from a client running on a different machine?

Yeah the units works great just as a server but running the client then I get a huge lagg.

Really defeats the purpose of a price driven stand slone system.

Oh well all working now and client is happy now..

Cheers

MM

Has anyone used these before with Megapixel Cameras... I am using 6 x FD8362E Cameras and I am finding that I have a 15 second delay on the monitor.

Hi mega. the EL has a max limit of 10mp in total so your 12mp is just making it work harder

Hi mega. the EL has a max limit of 10mp in total so your 12mp is just making it work harder

10MP is the maximum camera resolution supported per channel not total resolution supported by the unit. Up to 10 Mpixel

camera dependant

Did you install the Vivotek software as well? On my older PC, their software had some background processes running at boot time that ate up a bunch of CPU and really slowed things down. After disabling them, things picked up quite a bit.