dvarapala

Good Source for Raymax Illuminators?

After futzing around with anemic IR illuminators which just aren't up to the job, I've decided to bite the bullet and buy one of the best. My problem now is finding a place that has them in stock.

Raytec itself is of little help; they sent me to a distributor, who told me "we don't sell to end users." Although I found a few online retailers who sell Raymax products, none seem to actually stock the model I want (RM100-F-30-C) - they quote a 2 - 4 week wait to get one.

Any suggestions as to where I can buy one of these bad boys today?

Thanks!

I can call around but most of my suppliers don't stock the covert models

Why is that? Doesn't anybody (besides me) want to buy the covert models?

I can call around but most of my suppliers don't stock the covert models

The 940nm IR illuminators are not that commonly used, in my experience.

They are more costly (the LEDs are more expensive, and their power output is lower, so you need more of them to reach the same distance as an 850nm unit), and they are still not fully invisible.

So, most people decide that paying a 30-50% premium for a unit that is still not totally "covert" isn't worthwhile.

After futzing around with anemic IR illuminators which just aren't up to the job, I've decided to bite the bullet and buy one of the best. My problem now is finding a place that has them in stock.

Raytec itself is of little help; they sent me to a distributor, who told me "we don't sell to end users." Although I found a few online retailers who sell Raymax products, none seem to actually stock the model I want (RM100-F-30-C) - they quote a 2 - 4 week wait to get one.

Thanks!

Plus the cameras are less sensitive at 950. Raymax told me they were not totally covert, despite various opinions elsewhere. Anyway, I just live with the glow...

The other night my neighbor was looking at our house with a WTF look, I think from the glow. On the other hand maybe she was just admiring the Christmas lights.

pic9 is a CNB BBM24F (best IR sensitivity I've found thus far) at 1-250sec, pic 8 is an Axis P1344 at 1-100 sec - both at ~ 200 ft out. This is a 10deg Raytec RM100, it rocks. I'm playing around with plate capture and filters, fun stuff.

1740408651_Picture8.png.6c7ce44763ef251ecc4cb8d0bb1c4be5.png

1086293778_Picture9.png.113c4340133c642e8b8d49cdebada50f.png

Ive used Bosch (Extreme IR) 940nm and it was 100% covert but the IR distance is less and not all cameras are sensitive to that range.

I saw this mentioned on another website today (which I would link to but it's not allowed on this forum). It referenced the Illuminar IR312-D and said

"Iluminar claims this model is completely invisible due to 1030nm IR LEDs, unlike 850nm or even 940nm LEDs, typically regarded as covert."

http://www.iluminarinc.com/

Hope this helps.

I saw this mentioned on another website today (which I would link to but it's not allowed on this forum). It referenced the Illuminar IR312-D and said

"Iluminar claims this model is completely invisible due to 1030nm IR LEDs, unlike 850nm or even 940nm LEDs, typically regarded as covert."

http://www.iluminarinc.com/

Hope this helps.

And it is $10,000

I'm playing around with plate capture and filters, fun stuff.

The Holy Grail is plate capture at night. Is the RM100 up to the task?

"Good Source for Raymax Illuminators?"

in the trash can.

OK, so which brand(s) are better? And how much do they cost?

Bang for the buck is anything better than Raymax?

"Good Source for Raymax Illuminators?"

in the trash can.

OK, so which brand(s) are better? And how much do they cost?

Bang for the buck is anything better than Raymax?

Raytec makes great IR Illuminators and it is what we recommend when we need to add light to situation. Iluminar also makes nice stuff but they are at the same price point as Raytec

I'm playing around with plate capture and filters, fun stuff.

The Holy Grail is plate capture at night. Is the RM100 up to the task?

Just ordered some new filters with a steeper cutoff. Here is a cheapo longpass with megapixels at 1-100 sec shutter and lowered agc. Plan to show some pics once I get this all perfected. This is way out there, maybe around 250 ft according to google maps arial.

1662045272_Picture11344agc6dB1-100s.jpg.0f5baa946819fbfc051c73b96aade0be.jpg

1746465909_Picture10a5021-100noagc1.3MPandfilter.jpg.064ae53a3251e6660363bec1143d2a1e.jpg

Raytem 200 Platinum and a 2MP VideoIQ camera.

RayMax Off

172713_1.jpg

Raymax On (this was before we went back and adjusted it when it was dark. After we adjusted it the light is much more even. I will post the image when I find it)

That building is 300ft away and the FOV is about 500ft.

172713_2.jpg

Thanks!

I would still say Bosh Extreme/Derwent is the MAC DADDY for IR. But hey what do I know (only 10 years of 99.9% Day Night IR apps)

Tell us how you really feel Rory. Let it all out

As to Raymax, to be fair my only experience with them was the visible LED, that was disappointing and I would never waste a clients money on that again I cant speak for their Infrared Illuminators.

As to Raymax, to be fair my only experience with them was the visible LED, that was disappointing and I would never waste a clients money on that again I cant speak for their Infrared Illuminators.

OK, thanks for being honest.

I took a look at the Bosch UFLED models, specifically the UFLED20-9BD. It's tough to compare because Raytec doesn't list a distance spec for its 940nm models (the 850nm version is rated for 80m). Bosch also has a "SuperLED" line which costs twice as much and seems to be overkill for my purpose (capturing license plates at night) - if the UFLED20-9BD's rated range of 135m is accurate, that will be more than enough. And the Bosch units seem to be easier to get; unlike the Raytec covert models, a few places claim to actually have the Bosch units in stock. I don't want to wait 4-5 weeks to get my new toy.

I took a look at the Bosch UFLED models, specifically the UFLED20-9BD. It's tough to compare because Raytec doesn't list a distance spec for its 940nm models (the 850nm version is rated for 80m). Bosch also has a "SuperLED" line which costs twice as much and seems to be overkill for my purpose (capturing license plates at night) - if the UFLED20-9BD's rated range of 135m is accurate, that will be more than enough. And the Bosch units seem to be easier to get; unlike the Raytec covert models, a few places claim to actually have the Bosch units in stock. I don't want to wait 4-5 weeks to get my new toy.

stuck that in to google and "With 18 high efficiency surface-mounted LEDs, the AEGIS Illuminator offers a wavelength of 940 nm and proves effective up to 260' (80m)."

Raytec and Iluminar are the two dominant pro illuminators right now, and for good reason. Most of the people I talk to have moved on from the Bosch units, but if they're working for you, that's great. It would have been helpful for you to share that info 2 pages ago.

Raytec and Iluminar are the two dominant pro illuminators right now, and for good reason. Most of the people I talk to have moved on from the Bosch units, but if they're working for you, that's great. It would have been helpful for you to share that info 2 pages ago.

Does this mean that Bosch is no longer the MAC Daddy?

I'm trying to decide who to go with between Raytec and Bosch at the moment.

188712_1.jpg