sandtech

Recommendations

was approached a clients to help with camera systems.

1. Shop with 10,000 sq one room and second room with 5000sq

need to cover those two rooms, was going to use PTZ camera in center to cover the whole area

and then needed cameras outside, front and back are 100ft and side of building are 250ft

can i use single camera on each end to cover the whole side and front of building. ?

Should i go with IP camera's or traditional camera system

Was looking at Axis camera system for IPs.

wanted to do it with out an engineer.

was going to go with

4x AXIS P1346-E

and

2x AXIS 215 PTZ-E

1x POE Switch

using AXIS software for the DVR, with 3 TB of HDD space

but again i am researching, wonder if there are cheaper solution than the P1346 that can do the job

Unless someone is monitoring the system and using the PTZ to view areas of interest in real-time, there's really not a lot of benefit to using PTZ: even with a megapixel camera (which this one isn't), it can still only see whatever it's specifically aimed at and zoomed in on at any given time. Murphy's Law guarantees that whatever direction you have it pointed in, any events you need to view will happen somewhere else, probably just barely outside of its current view.

I am in IT, have an electrician on staff. We do a lot of Data drops wiring, full network setup, installed few simple camera system. But trying to get into better system.

I do repair on camera's system from one company that does all of burgerking, and mcdonalds in our state.

Good point in regard to Ptz. I done google earth and added the cameras. So I have pretty good understanding.

I don't want to ask an Engineer not at this point not for 6-10camera system.

Going to do Visio drawing of the building and use Axis tool to add the cameras.

I came here to learn more, i read a lot on the forum, and learning little by little.

Goodluck by the way you might want to check in to the laws in your state. You have to be a licensed cctv installer in our state as in most states doing work in this field in those states can cost you large fines. Also Axis Camera Station (which I have tried in our shop is very limited and not a very user friendley) As stated above PTZ cameras are good for use in live viewing the size building you are looking at cover all exits with cameras and all high dollar vallue areas sounds like you need a pro install.

You need low voltage license in CT to run Cat5 cable. we are covered by law. not an issue.

I didnt want to go to an engineer, but was at an engineer house, and he does pretty high end stuff. there company does almost every museum in the USA. So he's doing the system design, going with American dynamics solution.

and he agreed not to use PTZ because nobody will be setting in front of a pc to watch all day.

thank you for all the help..

I will keep lurking around, and show end product at the end.

Goodluck by the way you might want to check in to the laws in your state. You have to be a licensed cctv installer in our state as in most states doing work in this field in those states can cost you large fines. Also Axis Camera Station (which I have tried in our shop is very limited and not a very user friendley) As stated above PTZ cameras are good for use in live viewing the size building you are looking at cover all exits with cameras and all high dollar vallue areas sounds like you need a pro install.

I agree it is a professional installation he needs, but as he stated He doesn't want to pay for an engineer.

CCTV is not a PLUG N PLAY technology. You get what you pay for.

not to mention Axis VMS is muy expensivo for a closed platform solution... but hey! at least you get to use all of every axis cameras' features.