Soundy

More for the Installation Hall of Shame

You were lucky you did not get zapped from the 110

FIRST thing I did when I saw that was to come back down, go inside the store, and figure out where it was plugged in, so I could unplug it before continuing.

Actually, the FIRST thing I did was take the picture... the rest came immediately after that

I'm sure it was logical to install it vents up if the weather was hot and dry. Best way to vent that excess heat.

I can't even begin to fathom what was going through the guy's head when he mounted that way... not even under the canopy, but way out in the open. I mean, the Vancouver area only has two seasons: rainy season, and monsoon season. How does one put up a housing that way and NOT clue that it's going to get water in it???

Quite the amazing colors that the PTZ has due to the water, I guess that it one positive way of looking at it

You can't tell so much from the picture, but the two PTZs with the leaks looked like those little hermetically-sealed aquariums you can get - all sorts of stuff growing in there. Surprised there weren't Sea Monkeys or something.

I absolutely love the upside down camera housing with the vent

I still can't decide which is the bigger bonehead move, that or the 110. I mean, three of the four PTZs were 12VDC powered; the fourth had an internal transformer and regulator and was 120V powered, but the internal regulator just came out into a barrel plug that then plugged into the barrel plug coming off the camera board, so it wouldn't have been hard to just bypass the 120 completely and power the thing off 12VDC. Still, someone who's not electrically adept might not think that way... so for boneheadedness, I'd still have to go with the upside-down vented housing. Even a six-year-old should have been able to see the potential problem there...

I had already guessed it was family before you mentioned his brother.

That depressing moment when you realize you've been in the trades far too long....

That's a real beauty you found there Soundy.

Do you reckon it's real - not a dummy camera?

I guess the building it's in is moderately old.

There's a local Burger King here in an old bank, which has cameras of similar vintage from when it was still a bank. They add nicely to the decor. I'll see if I can take a photo next time I'm there.

Holy Crap I laughed so hard at those ... the mount backward..the 110...the wiring mess on the roof and the "sea monkey experiment inside the PTZ dome"... I'm gonna have to start taking pictures of what I've come across.

That's a real beauty you found there Soundy.

Do you reckon it's real - not a dummy camera?

I guess the building it's in is moderately old.

There's a local Burger King here in an old bank, which has cameras of similar vintage from when it was still a bank. They add nicely to the decor. I'll see if I can take a photo next time I'm there.

The building isn't that old, I don't think... there is actually a bundle of wires coming out of the camera and up into the ceiling, but I really doubt it's functional (notice the red light isn't on!). My suspicion is that a manager got it at a garage sale and put it up as a joke...

The building isn't that old, I don't think... there is actually a bundle of wires coming out of the camera and up into the ceiling, but I really doubt it's functional (notice the red light isn't on!). My suspicion is that a manager got it at a garage sale and put it up as a joke...

More than as a joke, I would probably say as a dummy camera; whoever put it there probably expect people to think it is a real and working camera.

I stopped at a gas station in eastern New Brunswick today and noticed 8 cameras on the store and when I looked up at the canopy I noticed another 8 cameras in enclosures all mounted upside down! Not as bad as Soundy's photos where the upside down enclosure was fully exposed to the elements; at least these are under the canopy. Still wonder if blowing snow, rain and other stuff still get inside those enclosures...

186350_1.jpg

hahahaha brilliant.

it took me about 20 seconds to work out what the problem was though.

[EDIT]

that was in reply to the back to front bracket, i didn't see the replys after it.

whoever did the electrics in my school is a tw*t.

EVERYTHING is on a switched fused spur. the fire alarm, burglar alarm, disabled toilet alarm etc, etc.

INCLUDING the CCTV camera PSU... what makes it worse is that the switch is in the reception!

Lol these are all great! Loose wires everywhere drive me nuts. Electrical tape is a friend indeed!

To give you more work? Good Idea...

Improve the economy for CCTV installers.

IDN but I wish they could restart installing.

I guess the mount was already screwed to the post and they had to replace the camera with one that didn't match the mount.

2066176056_2012-04-0613_55_30.jpg.c4313e8c8094c88d950154fd61a8b1b5.jpg

96115508_2012-04-0613_55_41.jpg.553068f14f42b92e96f31f017127c5f6.jpg