troy6363

Video Inspection Camera

Hey guys. Anyone own or ever used a video inspection (snake) camera tool on any installation job. I figured it could be useful in looking inside the wall. The one im looking at has an lcd light on it with a 2.4 lcd monitor to view. It also comes with a magnet tip, mirror and hook tip. I plan to use it to inspect inside of walls to know exactly whats there before I running wires.

We've been looking at the Milwaukee and Dewalt cameras for a while, but they're extra-spendy... then Home Depot up here decided to stop carrying the Ryobi Tek4 tools and started blowing most of their stock out for cheap, and my coworker and I both picked up their inspection cameras for about 1/3 of their original price:

173307_1.jpg

Also saw a decent-looking one at Costco - maybe a little cheap and plasticky, but lots of features for the price:

http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=10341314&search=inspection&topnav=&Mo=0&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-CA&Nr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&N=0&whse=BCCA&Dx=mode%20matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BCCA&Ne=4000000&D=inspection&Ntt=inspection&No=0&Nty=1&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial

Mine has already saved my butt a couple times... great tool.

List was originally something like $170 for the Ryobi scope... we got them for $65, if memory serves, including a battery and charger. We've been stocking up on Tek4 tools as the Home Depots here drop their prices - some stuff gets cheaper, other stuff doesn't... varies a lot by location.

Only thing I wish they did that the others do (the Costco one above, plus the Milwaukee and Dewalt ones, and various others) is the ability to record stills and video to SD card... but all the ones that do that run $200 and up. Some day...

AFAIK it's just the Canadian Home Depots that are discontinuing the Tek4 line; pretty sure the US stores still stock the full line, probably at full price.

Really, even at list price, they're pretty nice tools. I have three of the utility lights, four of the flashlights, the multimeter, laser plumb, stud finder, screwdriver, power supply (charge iPod or phone from the Tek4 battery), and two of the quick-chargers.

Hey guys. Anyone own or ever used a video inspection (snake) camera tool on any installation job. I figured it could be useful in looking inside the wall. The one im looking at has an lcd light on it with a 2.4 lcd monitor to view. It also comes with a magnet tip, mirror and hook tip. I plan to use it to inspect inside of walls to know exactly whats there before I running wires.

Must have to drill a big hole in that cement to get it through.

AFAIK it's just the Canadian Home Depots that are discontinuing the Tek4 line; pretty sure the US stores still stock the full line, probably at full price.

Really, even at list price, they're pretty nice tools. I have three of the utility lights, four of the flashlights, the multimeter, laser plumb, stud finder, screwdriver, power supply (charge iPod or phone from the Tek4 battery), and two of the quick-chargers.

soundy spending so much with them you have forgot your

173322_1.jpg

Crap have i just posted a ADD

am not allowed to use home depo. my parner is a area manager for lowes

I picked up a video inspection camera today at my local harbor freight tool store. got a good deal on it with a coupon that made it $71 bucks. Does a decent job although it doesnt have an sd card slot to record or do stills. Im going to use it to to be sure im nowhere near electrical or pipes or plumbing when Im drilling into walls to run my wires.

http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

Yea they false advertised on that one. Because its no feature on there to capture jpegs. It's still was a good bargain tho. I'm sure I'll get plenty use out of it