Sign in to follow this  
rory

Price of Gas

So its now $4.20 here in nassau ... what about you guys??

And do you raise your charges as the gas price goes up?

Here in California, we are averaging between $2.70 to $3.00 per gallon... We do charge per mile and travel hourley charge (both ways) and minimum one hour at the location... Most of the time the travel overal charge is more than the hour spent at the customer's site....

Levon

I know, yall got a better economy though, and lots of free things, higher salaries, etc .... we got no government assistance on anything, and with customs charges we pay more tax than you guys ..

Lets see, we have no old age shelters, no homeless shelters, no nothing ... medical costs are outrages and then we get 3rd world care .. my bro is in manchester and said he pays 25 cents for something he pays $5.00 here for .. as far as food goes ..

$2.70 here (Long Island). I bet it hits $5.00 in a year. I recently got back from Ireland-$5.30 a gallon (translated). Now I know why they all drive mini's. Get Bush out!

What's Bush got to do with the price of gas?

Is it his fault gasoline consumption is up each & every year since the Model T?

Is Sept 11 his fault?

Is it his fault Chinese consumption is up 40% per year?

Is it his fault no new US refineries have been built in over 30 years?

Is it his fault wall street speculators hype the price of oil?

Is it his fault Congress wont allow more drilling in the Alaska?

IS it his fault that even enviro-friendly energy projects like wind mill farms get hysterical community opposition (NIMBY = not in my backyard)?

Americans need to look in the mirror before they start blaming others.

Open up the reserves (BUSH refuses) and start drilling in Alaska. Let us all hold hands with the Arabs and have them dictate our lives. As far as Sept. 11, it was on HIS watch.

Americans need to look in the mirror before they start blaming others.

The buck ends with Mr. Bush! WE Americans put him there.

9/11 was in the works way before that. It is much to big a problem to lay at the feet of any one particular President.

December 1972, terrorist hijack a plane in Rome demanding the release of other Arab terrorists.

February 1979, Afgahni terrorists kidnap the US. Ambassador to Afgahnistan and demand the release of religous leaders.

Novemeber 1979, radical Islamists take seige of the US Ambassy in Tehran and hold US citizens hostage.

April 1983, Islamic terrorist bombing of US embassy in Beirut.

October 1983, Islamic terrorist bombing of Marine Barracks in Lebanon.

March 1984, Islamic terrorists kidnapp and murder US Embassy official.

June 1985, Islamic terrorist hijacking of TWA flight.

October 1985, Islamic terrorists hijack the ship Achille Lauro.

November 1985, Islamic terrorists hijack Egyptian airliner with numerous US citizens on board.

December 1985, Islamic Terrorists attack El Al and TWA ticket counters in Rome and Vienna airports.

March 1986, Islamic terrorist bombing of TWA flight 840.

April 1986, Islamic terrorist bombing of disco in Berlin populated by US service members.

February 1988, US service member kidnapped and murdered by Islamic terrorists.

April 1988, Islamic terrorists bomb a club bomb a USO club in Naples.

Really... I could go on and on... but I think I've made my point.

not really, were different terrorist group, osama started his actions in the early 90's, though Im sure he had his ideas from way before that. As for flying planes into buildings, they could have got those ideas from MS Flight Sim ..

Open up the reserves (BUSH refuses)

The releasing oil from the Strategic reserve would only have a minor and temporary effect on prices, like you might get a one week drop of $.10 per gallon, then the market would rise back up again. FYI, the strategic reserve only holds a relatively small supply of crude in relation to the US daily consumption.

" Let us all hold hands with the Arabs and have them dictate our lives. "

We better kiss the Saudi's ass because without their oil our way of life would go back to the 19th century. Hmmm, where would I park my horse?

As far as 9/11, maybe if Bill Clinton wasn't so busy fooling around with Monica, murdering the Davidians in Waco, and assaulting Ruby Ridge, he could have stopped the 9/11 hijackers.

If we restrict discussion only to OBL, then I believe most of the blame can be put at Clinton's feet, if we are going to reduce blame to only one person.

OBL declared his Jihad against the US around 1998 and that same year bombed US embassies in Africa. Clinton, in the midst of serious draw downs and reductions in the US military and intelligence commnity, vowed to bring the matter to justice.

He then limited US intelligence and military efforts by requiring that OBL be taken alive. He strictly disallowed lethal force and further severly restricted assets available that would be neccessary to capture him.

I think grave mistakes were made by numerous administrations over the years, in not properly apreciating the threat.. or hopefully waiting for things to boil over on someone else's watch, or sometimes limiting response due to political expediency.

Even Reagan, back during his tenure, in reponse to the bombings in Lebanon, pulled the troops out instead of taking a hard line. His priorities were, posibly correctly, placed elsewhere in the Soviet Union.

I recall that it was widely predicted after the fall of the U.S.S.R. that fundamentalist Islamic terrorism would be the next great threat to the U.S. - and those predictions proved to be true.

But who knows? I recall people predicting that we'd get invaded by China, too. and that hasn't happened.

At any rate.. I think the problem of Islamic terrorism goes too far back, and is too large of a problem to be laid at the feet of any one single political leader, regardles of their political party or other shortcomings.

Actully the bottleneck isn't oil supply but refining. Opening up the reserves would drop the price of home heating oil but not gas. And terrorism in the US isn't new.

I drive a SUV that gets about 9 miles per gallon. Even if gas prices go to 6 bucks a gallon, Im still going to drive around and suck the life out of the ozone layer. Global warming doesn't concern me, personally I think a few degrees warmer would fell nice, and the tan would be a little better..

As far as Terrorists, I have never personally been threatened by any of them so they don't concern me.

Man, it's hovering arounf 2.50 here for regular, I remember when I was 15, no car yet, that gas was around 1.00 a gallon.....

$4.97 as of just now, just came back from putting all of $5 in the tank!

darn, that was like 1 gallon of gas .. Arghhhh

That is ridiculous. I’d be riding a bike for short trips, if it was safe.

Gas theft must be a common thing there?

Hope you have a locking gas cap.

Cameras are good, but it’s a bummer to see someone siphoning your gas out of your tank when you are reviewing and you can’t identify them.

Before the gas prices went through the roof, what was your regular price over there?

was $3.20 something before hurricane Katrina ... went up to $4.99 then dropped down to $3.99-$4.10 when people stopped buying from that franchise. Looks like they all went up now ... thing is, their cost didnt go up ... they just raisin prices to make more money!

bush da man

but he is getting way too boring now, need a new face and definately a new speech writer

I would hate to be president. Because it doesn’t matter who is in office they always get blamed for everything that is wrong in the country.

They all age 10-20 years in 4 years. They can have that job.

But yeah I have to agree, for a lot of our tax dollars going over to IRAQ, we should be getting some discount prices on that oil over there. Maybe we should even get it free for while.

We need those new cars GM has created that runs on Hydrogen I think. Water comes out the tail pipe as the byproduct and they have pretty good power.

Oil companies and every other related industry that makes money off of petroleum products are going to fight that technology. There is just too much profit in it for them and so much to lose for everyone that makes a living with anything to do with a gasoline powered combustion engine.