alpine0000

Panasonic WV-CW484S Dome Camera

Let me know you price to 78250 (San Antonio, Texas).

Thanks,

William

As I stated in the original post, "$190 shipped to anywhere in the Continental United States"

What part of nova? I'm in Culpeper.

Price seems a little high IMO. I'm looking at several CNB VCM-24VF cams for my upcoming install and they can be had for 165 and they are 600 TVL color.

Is there something this camera has that I'm overlooking? I'd be interested if the price was lower and I could pickup depending on yor location.

Jason

Panasonic is the boss of analog CCTV.

It would be night and day in back lighting and overall image quality between this and the CNBs.

Ignore the TVL as both cameras will have similar total effective pixels.

But pixels are not everything.

The CNB may see more in low light though, but with that comes alot of noise.

When purchased new, these cameras cost 4x the cost of the CNBs.

Among other things, the 484 has auto-backfocus, and Panasonic's SuperDynamic III, which blows away just about anything else in harsh backlighting situations. In our restaurant installs, all our analog cams are VCM-24VFs... except those watching the front door, which are WV-CW504s (and their predecessor, the 484, before that).

Considering these things went for around $800 new, $190 is a pretty screamin' price, especially if you need their special functions.

What part of nova? I'm in Culpeper.

Price seems a little high IMO. I'm looking at several CNB VCM-24VF cams for my upcoming install and they can be had for 165 and they are 600 TVL color.

These definitely have a better picture than the CNB, and have a WDR function for extreme backlighting that works well. Not as sensitive as the CNB but a higher quality camera. i still have a 484 (inside) on my basement door that looks out - into sun in the afternoon but it looks normal. The CNB will not work as well in that situation. Also has an auto back focus so it is perfect day and night (edit - oops guess that was mentioned already). CNB you will need IR corrected lenses to get that good of a picture.

The CNB TDN cameras, and the 484, both come with IR-corrected lenses. And TDN camera that doesn't shouldn't even be considered. ABF isn't a fix for a non-IR-corrected lens.

The CNB TDN cameras, and the 484, both come with IR-corrected lenses. And TDN camera that doesn't shouldn't even be considered. ABF isn't a fix for a non-IR-corrected lens.
oops brain slip. Used to have vcm24f, still have bbm24f which needs a lens...

oops brain slip. Used to have vcm24f, still have bbm24f which needs a lens...

Yet they still need separate focusing under IR for optimum IR focus.

Seems they use a very cheap IR corrected lens if that.

Just saying, from experience with using them, with IR.

But then what does one expect at such a great price tag.

We got by just fine before IR corrected lenses came about.

Its all about knowledge and experience

We got by just fine before IR corrected lenses came about.

Its all about knowledge and experience

Ok that might not have come across the right way.

What I meant was, there is a way to focus without IR Corrected lens that gives you a great day image and night image. There is however then an inbetween that can be slightly off by about a few % (eg, overcast in the day, etc), however no more than I have experienced with the VBM or VCM 24VF cameras - which claim to have IR corrected lenses.

We got by just fine before IR corrected lenses came about

IR-corrective lens coatings and optics FAR predate commercial CCTV...