hello everybody

when i access the cctv in my office remotely at first it takes about 4 min to load ( either am using the browser or the CMS ), and second its very very VERY slow, am using ddns ( dyndns.com ) service to access the cctv remotely, do i need to upgrade my internet connection in office which is 1 MB, or i need to upgrade my dyndns account which will cost me 30$ monthly ?

any suggestions please

thanx in advance.

hello everybody

when i access the cctv in my office remotely at first it takes about 4 min to load ( either am using the browser or the CMS ), and second its very very VERY slow, am using ddns ( dyndns.com ) service to access the cctv remotely, do i need to upgrade my internet connection in office which is 1 MB, or i need to upgrade my dyndns account which will cost me 30$ monthly ?

any suggestions please

thanx in advance.

Most likely DNS is not the issue. You can rule that out by accessing your site via it's current IP address. Four minutes is too slow for a line rated at 1MBs. I would question whether perhaps something is misconfigured or malfunctioning before spending money for more bandwidth. The first question would be how fast is the office internet connection there for those surfing the web and so forth? It would be best to run a connection test from the office to make sure you are getting the bandwidth you are paying for.

hello cctv_tech,

regarding to my internet connection speed at office its 1.2 Mbpe for download speed and 110 kbps for upload, regarding to the sittings mmmm am not sure but i think its correct.

thanx

with 110 upload you are lucky if 2-4 cameras push through okay, and if you are trying more than that it will definitely cause problems. Especially if you are using D1.

If the DVR has the choice of another stream like in CIF, then use that instead.

hello cctv_tech,

regarding to my internet connection speed at office its 1.2 Mbpe for download speed and 110 kbps for upload, regarding to the sittings mmmm am not sure but i think its correct.

thanx

This is your problem.

with 110 upload you are lucky if 2-4 cameras push through okay, and if you are trying more than that it will definitely cause problems. Especially if you are using D1.

If the DVR has the choice of another stream like in CIF, then use that instead.

its two DVRs, 16 Channels each one

hello cctv_tech,

thanx

This is your problem.

if its from the bandwidth its ok,,

ok now am using 2 DVRs, each one 16 channels and i think ill add another one with 8 channels in the future,, in ur oppinion what is the minimum upload rate should i have to make the remote access view and playback acceptable.

thanks alot

hello cctv_tech,

thanx

This is your problem.

if its from the bandwidth its ok,,

ok now am using 2 DVRs, each one 16 channels and i think ill add another one with 8 channels in the future,, in ur oppinion what is the minimum upload rate should i have to make the remote access view and playback acceptable.

thanks alot

depends on the DVR and compression but I know one thing .. with the average upload speed in this country being 384k it is next to impossible to stream 16 cameras in D1 from a DVR .. With 1Mb upload at one client it is fine. Imagine if each still image frame is approx 40-80kb .. times that by 16 and ..

yes u are right, but to make it 1 MB is very expensive lol,,anyway.

one more question please

say that reduced the quality of the picture and the resolution, and upgrade the connection to be 512 Kbps, do u think it will be acceptable ??

* my DVR is H264 16 Channels

thanks alot

You need to see if the DVR allows a connection with another stream.

Example would be an "Extra Stream" or "Additional Stream". This would typically be used for Mobile phones and be in lower CIF resolution and lower bitrates like 64-256. If so then yes you will be able to stream from 1 DVR at that upload speed. As long as these are DVRs spread across locations with each having 384-512 upload then you should be fine. Its the D1 that kills that kind of bandwidth. You may still be able to stream 20-30 cameras from a single location with CIF encoding but it really depends on the DVR's network and encode options, and the ISP. In that case you could drop the bitrate down more also.

What model of DVR is this?

You need to see if the DVR allows a connection with another stream.

Example would be an "Extra Stream" or "Additional Stream". This would typically be used for Mobile phones and be in lower CIF resolution and lower bitrates like 64-256. If so then yes you will be able to stream from 1 DVR at that upload speed. As long as these are DVRs spread across locations with each having 384-512 upload then you should be fine. Its the D1 that kills that kind of bandwidth. You may still be able to stream 20-30 cameras from a single location with CIF encoding but it really depends on the DVR's network and encode options, and the ISP. In that case you could drop the bitrate down more also.

What model of DVR is this?

its H264 Pentaplex DVR X16D, xvision brand name