intersimi

Alternative to SwannView?

Hi,

I was wandering if there was an alternative to SwannView for the IPAD/iPhone?

I have SwannView all set up and configured to work at home over the wifi and away on both the iPAD and iPhone. The probel, is that it only displays 4 cameras at once, which is a bit rubbish. I would love to be able to use EagleEyes, but can't seem to get it working, so I have assumed it is hard coded for Avtech CCTV DVR's.

Are there any other alternatives, especially for the iPAD. SwannView don't do a specific iPAD version, so I have to use the x2 button to view it full screen, which makes it swfully grainy

regards,

Simi

At 1.99 that is quite pricey for an application (opposed to 0.69) with one review (and that was 1 star - poor rating).

It also only supports 4 cameras at one, so I can't see all of them, which is again poor. Thanks for the heads up though.

Have you used it with Swann DVR?

At 1.99 that is quite pricey for an application (opposed to 0.69) with one review (and that was 1 star - poor rating).

It also only supports 4 cameras at one, so I can't see all of them, which is again poor. Thanks for the heads up though.

Have you used it with Swann DVR?

You must be looking at the wrong app. IP Cam Viewer by Robert Chou. It is the go to app for viewing IP cameras.

I normally try IP Cam Viewer, but if that is no good, it is simply just download an app and try to see that is compatible.

I'm using the SwannView+ mobile app - and it seems to work okay. I can view single cams, or two separate pages of 4 cams each. Just swipe from one screen to the next. I can also choose cams from a list to display - so some flexibility on the go.

I've also tried IP CamViewer (the free one) but am disappointed that it only allows 6 cams max. Other than the pinch-to-zoom feature, what makes it even as good as the SwannView+?

Specifically, what are the great features of IP CamViewer Pro that some of you like? Why might I consider the Pro version?

Thank you!

I'm using the SwannView+ mobile app - and it seems to work okay. I can view single cams, or two separate pages of 4 cams each. Just swipe from one screen to the next. I can also choose cams from a list to display - so some flexibility on the go.

I've also tried IP CamViewer (the free one) but am disappointed that it only allows 6 cams max. Other than the pinch-to-zoom feature, what makes it even as good as the SwannView+?

Specifically, what are the great features of IP CamViewer Pro that some of you like? Why might I consider the Pro version?

Thank you!

From site, Pro/Upgraded features include audio for some devices, unlimited cameras, no ads, record mode, and more.

http://hit-mob.com/ip-cam-viewer-android/faq/#1

Thx 51Cent. I don't have a PTZ, but even the Swann Mob App handles that. The one link I went to for more details seemed to indicate that the "record" feature was only for Android products. Since I'm already recording from my NVR, and can access those from my iPhone using the SwannView+ - I'm still at a loss for what improvements I may actually realize from buying the Pro version.

Are there users here (who own the Swann NVR) who have actual experience w/ the app I'm questioning?

Jim