dazzaUK

Which IP video encoder ?

Hello,

Having failed to find a compatible DVR card for my 64bit WHS 2011 server, I'm considering a standalone 4channel IP video encoder.

As I already have a server running 24/7 I'd prefer to avoid running a standalone DVR system in parallel (but I won't rule it out if it can feed IP to the server, and it's very low power).

My camera setup is 4x analog 700tvl domes, and my intention is to both view live & motion record at D1 (or the best quality available from those cameras) on my server pc, then make it available online.

Options I've stumbled upon so far:

1) Avigilon ENC-4PORT - but I can't find one for sale in the UK.

2) Grandstream GXV3504

3) Aviosys IP 9100B

I'd very much welcome your recommendations (under £300) please? Will the quality be good enough at this price?

Also please can you recommend monitoring software that runs on windows - open source, or bundled free with the encoder preferably, failing that at low cost.

thanks in advance,

Darren

Well, in the absence of any replies I am gambling on this fitting the bill: GrandStream GXV3504

http://www.grandstream.com/index.php/products/ip-video-surveillance/gxv350x

It supports full D1 on all 4 channels, PoE and the software (GSurf) is freely available and supports many other IP cams.

I know there's a few UK suppliers out there, so please feel free to PM me with a quote.

If I don't here from anyone by tomorrow lunchtime then I'm going to order it from:

http://www.novavox.co.uk/ip-video-surveillance-grandstream-gxv3504-ip-cctv-poe-video-encoder-p-105.html

If anyone has an opinion or experience with this product I'd be very grateful to hear it before taking the plunge. Thanks.

Hey

Thanks for the links! Thinking of getting this encoder.

Dont suppose you know if it works with Milestone Xprotect ?

TIA

Sorry I don't know, but I can tell you this product is solid.

It has run faultlessly 24/7 for over a year.

good luck

Bosch VideoJet X40 XF E if You want good quality for 700TVL cameras. This encoder support CF card recordings and than You can use BVC for live view and play recordings from camera for free. Price is higher but You have low power solution and You can use Adaptive Bit Rate encoding and transcoding for remote replay. These features are amazing. I saw ABR encoding in action.