pkfonline

DVR Mouse Operation thru IP KVM

Thanks you have understood my problem now.

Resolution is big problem. Watching from CMS is differ from Watching Live in VGA port (T.V.).

So i prefer watching thru T.V. from VGA out. when iam watching channel tour i would like to pause the cam's and choose a specfic area in between. In this situation i require mouse operation of all DVR's

PKF

Thanks you have understood my problem now.

i understood your post from the start. i thought i did.

then you post this

So i prefer watching thru T.V. from VGA out.

can i ask do you know the difference between local and remote viewing ???? ARE YOU AND ALL 8 DVRs IN THE SAME BUILDING ??

but still for what he wants. slingbox is made for. and it works

The Slingbox accepts video from the device, digitizes it, and streams it over the net.

The IP KVM accepts video from the device, digitizes it, and streams it over the net.

Same concept, so why do you insist that an IP KVM won't do it??

BTW, I asked Startech specifically if their IP KVMs would work with standalone DVRs (emailed tech support, not sales, as I don't trust a salesdroid to give a straight answer to something like this)... they replied that yes, as long as the DVR uses the same type of USB controller as a PC, it should be fully compatible.

so why do you insist that an IP KVM won't do it??

soundy because we use ip KVN for central stations.

slingbox. ..... image never leaves the slingbox ..... it does not send out you are connecting to it and watching its stream from onboad media server.

they replied that yes, as long as the DVR uses the same type of USB controller as a PC, it should be fully compatible.

why are we talking USB ??? i see for the mouse ...... that is not going to work either. ill tell you what happends if you TRY and do it that way.

VGA to IPKVM then it has to compress and format now that makes the mouse usless (the raw video has been altered) so no control

you only have to read the Startech manual (of the one listed) IT cant take VGA .... only vga and usb is used to config the unit ... ports on back only take data.

if you call the guy back at startech and ask him will there KVM take raw video from vga. see what he says.

the video and the mouse ... needs to be compress to gether in the same format to work. he has two formats video from vga mouse from usb ... you cant put them back together at remote end.

even the other one listed .......... he has no way of connecting his vga.

180475_1.jpg

Thanks Tom & Thanks Soundy ,

See All your answers are right but please understand i need to operate mouse of the DVR. There are USB extenders which i have to use nearly 8 mouses on my table which looks messy. Instead if iam use KVM then no cables no messy. thats the reason iam preferring KVM's.

I need another help from you people. Can i extend IR-Remote Control of DVR to 150 Meters. If so how.

PKF

so why do you insist that an IP KVM won't do it??

soundy because we use ip KVN for central stations.

slingbox. ..... image never leaves the slingbox ..... it does not send out you are connecting to it and watching its stream from onboad media server.

they replied that yes, as long as the DVR uses the same type of USB controller as a PC, it should be fully compatible.

why are we talking USB ??? i see for the mouse ...... that is not going to work either. ill tell you what happends if you TRY and do it that way.

To Tom and Soundy

http://www.opengear.com/faq321.html

http://www.opengear.com/faq322.html

I guess the bottom line

How it Works.

With a digital KVM over IP system,

the administrator connects to the targeted remote computer via viewing software on the local machine.

I am ready to grab some popcorn

Dear AK,

Your Solution is not going help. IF we connect KVM directly to DVR then it is fine. Connecting to System and handleing Remote software will not solve our purpose.

See we need to control the Console screen of the DVR Remotely. This can be possible only thru IP KVM's. Iam looking for Good IP KVM which can support. See Atten is not supporting this DVR and also iam looking in extending the IR-Remote Control also.

PKF

that would be ok if its just a KVM extender needed. this guy wants to control 8 remote locations via IP KVM. and since you cant plug vga direct into IP kvm thats a problem.

Tom if all DVR at the same locations....

why are u saying that u cant plug VGA direct to IP KVM

14439-1.jpg.250864035cab14ad8d358e0989d9eaea.jpg

Tom if all DVR at the same locations....

why are u saying that u cant plug VGA direct to IP KVM

like op has said and i have said LOCAL with a IP kvm on anything other than a pc he will not get mouse control.

local he would not need a IP kvm. he would just need extender KVM which is copycat from 1 kvm to another. so no comprestion is needed.

but the guy will not answer if he is away from each dvr .... remote ... or if he is doing all this local.

I am in the same situation as the original poster. I have a dvr situated 50 metres from my office, which I need to control. The DVR software provides good control but a terrible video quality. The Web viewer provides good control, but only slightly better video quality. So I installed a KVM over IP. Now I have a standalone monitor and mouse plugged into a kvm box on my desk which extends via IP (Cat5E) to a kvm box in the security cabinet, and connects to the DVR. The picture quality is perfect but I cannot control the DVR inorder to change cameras, view recordings etc. The solution I need is long range mouse control, whether using a KVM or long range bluetooth etc. Any ideas?

Dear Kelston,

Can i know which location you live. I have come acros this issue with solutions.

Solution 1: Raritan KVm's Doing good job in this issue. Solution 2: A local guy is modfying mouse and makeing it workable. Mouse works until 150 Mtrs. Solution 3: Vztec USB to RJ45 Extension Adapter supports for 50 Mtrs. If you need more help reply back. thanks

PKF

Hi there. I'm in New Zealand. I'm glad you found a solution, as your problem was exactly the same as mine. And likewise the solutions offered in this thread wouldn't be sufficient for me either. I use an AvTech DVR and a Level One IP KVM, and they don't seem to want to talk to each other. What modifications were done to your mouse?

Here's some more info on my situation:

My office is seperate to the building where the DVR cabinet is. I cannot use a cable to connect the two locations. I chose to use KVM over IP because we laid down an extra cat5e cable underground between the buildings when the external office block was built. Wireless is an option but it would need to be a strong signal capable of reaching 50metres away. I don't know if a usb to ip extender would work, and in any case i'm already using the spare cat5 cable for the KVM video feed.

Edit - I mixed up my terminology a bit, i'm using KVM over cat5.....not KVM over IP.

Hi Kelston,

Noted the contents. Solution 1 will work for you. Raritan KVM,s. Model DKX2-108 will suit for your requirment. You can manage DVR by LAN as well as WAN. Am doing the same with Raritan.

PKF