jisaac

Clean Installs

I have a question. How important do you feel that having a clean installation is? When I say clean I mean no cable visable anywhere. Everything nice, neat, level, and in appearance a professionally installed system.

I feel alot of people especially woman will judge your system alot by how it looks or how much "stuff" is exposed. Even if you have a excellent system if you do not do an extremely good job at making your dvrs and wire and cameras mounted and placed right then you will still get a bad or low overall system rating.

Any thoughts?

Importance of the cable runs reflects the professionalism of the installer! All the cables have to be spooled and tied together in the console room or in the ceilings and properly marked and numbered... Otherwise, some head will....

In my opinion, do the job as if it is for your own home or business, then the outcome should be great...

Levon

The reason that I have so many clients is that I always pay attention to the little details when doing an installation. Most installers int he area don't care if there is a little of wire exposed here or there, I will spend the extra time to make sure that everything is covered, and when doing exterior work, I ALWAYS use EMT piping, all the way from the camera thru the hole entering the interior, making the camera wires tamper proof.

Who's rating it ?

im a technician, i leave the wiring to the electrician ... but at the DVR end and camera end, yeah ill make it as neat as possible... once im getting paid ...

here is a picture of a single frame from a install we just finished up. We put a camera in the office with these 2 dvrs. What you are seeing is 2 16 channel dvrs with a linksys router and speedstreem 5100 modem on top of the router. Above that is 2 power supplys you cant really see those that well with this shot. But thats how we kind of do it.

isaac

http://www.geocities.com/jisaacmagee/office.BMP