low voltage installations. The illuminators provide

class leading performance, long life and ultra low

maintenance. They incorporate Raytec’s latest

surface mount PLATINUM LED’s to deliver excellent

night-time pictures with improved optical output and

outstanding reliability.

The RAYLUX Fusion series has integrated

Command and Control™ circuitry. Installation is quick

and easy, requiring only a 12/24V AC/DC input.

Each unit is fitted with Active LED Life Control to

carefully control LED output, delivering consistent

illumination power and a projected working life of 10

years.

RAYLUX Fusion illuminators are supplied

complete with bracket. Control features on the

RAYLUX Fusion include adjustable power output,

photocell and photocell adjust. RAYLUX 25 Fusion

is suitable for all low light installations up to17 metres (56ft).

http://www.rayteccctv.com/products-category.aspx?categoryid=2

Not sure I understand the difference. I see Ray Tech and others offer conventional 850nm IR and "White Light" Illumination.

Is the white light visible?

U must be joking

of course White light is visible

White light is the name given to what the human eye sees when all the colors that make up the visible light spectrum are combined; the visible light spectrum is made up of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet light, and these colors combined make white lighting. When shined through a prism, white lights are broken into the separate colors of the visible light spectrum. Many people commonly refer to white light simply as "light" or "visible light," and it is this light that makes it possible to view one's surroundings. Several sources of white lights exist including the sun and stars, certain types of lightbulbs, and some lamps.

in the case of the brand you mentioned, hardly.

Use regular lighting and save your money.

Rory just because you didn't read the directions doesn't mean a product sucks.

I'm wondering if the lack of IR in LED lighting compared to incandescent bulbs could account for some of the difference in performance you describe (at least, while D/N cams are in Monochrome mode, or cameras without a cutfilter).

Rory just because you didn't read the directions doesn't mean a product sucks.

If you mean the tiny little booklet that even a Megapixel Camera installer could follow .. yeah I read it like 300 times .. there is no magic in that booklet that will make the product any better.

I have used Raytec's and Iluminar's White and IR LED lights. When you pick the CORRECT unit for your needs they work fantastic. Also with the ability to turn them on and off via your VMS/DVR or video analytics you can have a very powerful theft deterrent solution.

Personally I am looking forward to when you can control White and IR LED lighting through IP on your VMS system. The abilty to turn all of your lights on and off or adjust the brightness based on events would be a very powerful solution.

The abilty to turn all of your lights on and off or adjust the brightness based on events would be a very powerful solution.

I was doing that 10 years ago with DVRs over the internet.

The abilty to turn all of your lights on and off or adjust the brightness based on events would be a very powerful solution.

So you had to have a electrician wire all of your lights and then cable all them back to the DVR with relays to use the DVR to turn the lights on and off. Sounds very expensive. How exactly did you control the dimming of the lights with the trigger output of the DVR? Could your DVR auto adjust the brightness of the lights individually?

So you had to have a electrician wire all of your lights and then cable all them back to the DVR with relays to use the DVR to turn the lights on and off. Sounds very expensive. How exactly did you control the dimming of the lights with the trigger output of the DVR? Could your DVR auto adjust the brightness of the lights individually?

cheaper than a raytec

10 years ago we could do anything we wanted, just like now.

Exact quote from http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-white-light.htm

Not sure I understand the difference. I see Ray Tech and others offer conventional 850nm IR and "White Light" Illumination.

U must be joking

of course White light is visible

White light is the name given to what the human eye sees when all the colors that make up the visible light spectrum are combined; the visible light spectrum is made up of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet light, and these colors combined make white lighting. When shined through a prism, white lights are broken into the separate colors of the visible light spectrum. Many people commonly refer to white light simply as "light" or "visible light," and it is this light that makes it possible to view one's surroundings. Several sources of white lights exist including the sun and stars, certain types of lightbulbs, and some lamps.