tomdlgns

1480 card

this card/question has no relation to the thread i started about identifying a DVR card in this forum. i just want to make that known so there is no confusion.

i did the initial install at this site and i purchased all the hardware. i confirmed that this is a 1480 card and i have no issues with the geovision software, everything is running great right now.

since this card is 2+ years old, i'd like to see if it is possible to update the software to take advantage of iphone, bb, and android geovision apps.

this software doesnt have the mobile tab under the web server settings (v8.01).

another geovision server i configured this on does have that tab, but that system is v8.32

i have access to geovision 8.5 software, but i want to make sure it will run with the card i have (1480).

thanks.

ok, i am on site now so i will run it.

and yes, i already saved it to my dropbox account. i didnt think to use it, i assumed it was only for identifying bad cards.

thanks.

also, can you fix your post (for future visits to this thread)? it looks like you did a copy paste of the link, which the forum shrinks (i think) so it is trying to use .... in the url.

it says i am eligible to upgrade to 8.0.

is that right? since i am already running 8.01?

also, the directions said, "i can upgrade to 8.01"

again, i am slightly confused since i am already running 8.01

thank you.

thank you.

hi. yes it will also give you the link to the software 8.01. i know you say you have that but it has new features. plus it will verifi your card .... then run it again and see if you can use a pen to update further.

thank you.

hi. yes it will also give you the link to the software 8.01. i know you say you have that but it has new features. plus it will verifi your card .... then run it again and see if you can use a pen to update further.

What?

I don't follow what you are saying.

I ran the program and it tells me my card is legit and that I can upgrade to 8.01, but I already have 8.01.

Thanks

already have 8.01.

ok stick with your 8.01 and download the updates i.e mobile. it just would have been alot easier to have followed what GEO software was telling you to do. you will find the patches on the same site

already have 8.01.

ok stick with your 8.01 and download the updates i.e mobile. it just would have been alot easier to have followed what GEO software was telling you to do. you will find the patches on the same site

i am trying to keep this easy, but i must have missed something because i didnt see a link to download updates.

also, i didn't realize that i could download/install just the mobile portion of the program.

thanks.

can i get some guidance in upgrading this geovision software?

either the entire software or just the portion i want to enable for mobile phones...?

thanks.

this is a legit system and the last thing i want to do is install a software package that isn't compatible with my card.

The 8.5 software will work with the 1480 card. You can confirm this by looking at the pdf chart on this webpage - http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69.

One thing you want to check before you upgrade the software to the latest version is the recommended specs of the PC to run the software. Refer to page 32 of the V8.5.InstallationGuide(IGV85-A-EN) available on - http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27. Make sure the system has enough juice to run the software.

It is fairly simple to upgrade the software to the latest version. Install the Fast Backup and Restore software from the 8.5 disc and create a backup file with the current software settings. Uninstall the older software version and then install the new version. Run the backup file (.exe) file before you run the new software for the 1st time to restore the settings and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!!

The 8.5 software will work with the 1480 card. You can confirm this by looking at the pdf chart on this webpage - http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=69.

One thing you want to check before you upgrade the software to the latest version is the recommended specs of the PC to run the software. Refer to page 32 of the V8.5.InstallationGuide(IGV85-A-EN) available on - http://www.usavisionsys.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27. Make sure the system has enough juice to run the software.

It is fairly simple to upgrade the software to the latest version. Install the Fast Backup and Restore software from the 8.5 disc and create a backup file with the current software settings. Uninstall the older software version and then install the new version. Run the backup file (.exe) file before you run the new software for the 1st time to restore the settings and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!!

ok, thanks i will try/read this.

1. why do I need to backup? i only have a handful of cameras and i can easily rename them and enable/configure the web server...very easy to set this up.

2. can i simply install the mobile phone package/feature? that is what i care about the most.

thanks.

A backup comes handy in case you forget to configure some feature. If you have a simple setup that you can re-configure then its fine. Typically, the software comes up with the settings of the previous instance. I prefer a backup as a safe practice.

Also, I have not come across any such mobile phone package/feature to upgrade from 8.01 to 8.5 directly. The 8.5 software has significant changes in the way that it works. A clean new install always works for me.

A backup comes handy in case you forget to configure some feature. If you have a simple setup that you can re-configure then its fine. Typically, the software comes up with the settings of the previous instance. I prefer a backup as a safe practice.

Also, I have not come across any such mobile phone package/feature to upgrade from 8.01 to 8.5 directly. The 8.5 software has significant changes in the way that it works. A clean new install always works for me.

gotcha.

i have noticed that old settings are saved. in some upgrades i did a while back, so i know what you are talking about, but yes, simple setup.

i think a fresh install is always better, but i was just going off of what someone posted above. although, they havent been back to post...so who knows. i was just curious.

i will probably go with a clean install next time i am on site.

I'd also recommend uninstalling all your old 1480 drivers using the Geo disc and then reinstalling the updated ones. At lot of changes were made between 8.01 and 8.5.

I'd also recommend uninstalling all your old 1480 drivers using the Geo disc and then reinstalling the updated ones. At lot of changes were made between 8.01 and 8.5.

good idea.

thanks.

i just finished the upgrade.

when it came time to install the new drivers, it told me that there was also a firmware update. 1.4x to 1.55? or something like that? i didn't pay attention to the numbers, but it was successful and asked for a reboot.

i installed the software and tweaked a few settings.

what didnt stick from the old system:

the specific settings for the users. it saved the users, but not all the specifics (network stop, monitor stop, etc..) no biggie, there were only a few options i had selected.

the video mask for one camera (i only had it set for one camera). i had to go select the area of the camera that i didnt want it to monitor for recording...that only took a few seconds.

i already opened ports in the router (8866 and 5511) for gv-iview and i tested it on my mobile device...works great.

the only thing i have a question on...CCS (i assume control center server/service) service starts running in the systray, and i see CCS in the geovision side panel (right), but it is not checked to start with either of the users...only the web service is. i can press c to stop/end it, but why is it starting in the first place?

i must be missing a check box somewhere...?

thanks.