I have been in contact with China based companies regarding different model DVR cards ... picking away at pricing & building a few DVR's ... No names or models mentioned to keep this quick and to the point ...

I had to point out to a few - in a polite way - that I knew they were NOT the manufacture or developers of the cards as claimed - helped cut alot of the initial BS. Won't even bother to mention some of the @#$@ pricing / minimums they come up with at first.

I had to lay into one of the self-proclaimed "Developers/Engineers" after he asked me to confirm who actually manufactured his card & software... to which his reply was:

"as usual, it is popular for our customers whose country has copyright problem, and the software come with the card also update, we provide a clear software now, without any company name, any logo...and this software can also work with the same series card"

I replied by pointing out 2 other cards he sells and identified the "Manufacturer" for him ... AND , I ALSO **STRONGLY** noted that all of these copyright problem boards came from HIS COUNTRY.

I also identified the developer of the software he was using.

Yep, the ones I looked at sell a mixture of both, copies and originals .. no not manufactured by them, but with original SDKs. Very inexpensive foe sure ....

Actually the Bahamas Government has dropped Taiwan and now is doing business strictly with China ... ofcourse they are also doing business with Castro so that doesnt say too much

China is paying for a $30 million New Stadium here .. as a gift ..

http://www.mfabahamas.org/Statement%20of%20The%20Bahamas%20from%20Beijing%20China.htm

Imagine what $30 million could do for our country if it was actually put to use where it is supposed to be .. like all the poor and homeless, especially since numouros hotels have closed since the last hurricanes, and thousands of people still without homes, AND, the Bahamas Gov is in Dept some Millions of dollars ..

The next one they are working with is Venuzuala, to do with gas etc ... the gov wants to cut out the middle men, the oil companies ..