fast_eddie

Cheap system

Hi,

I tried to find something like what i want but i don't really know names or anything so i think i will be best if just ask. I wanted a system that had 2/3 cameras, don't really need high resolution but i need it to be accessible remotely. The other problem is that i won't have a cable connection for internet, so a mobile broadband would have to do the trick. I was thinking about something like webcam's plugged to a computer, and some kind of software to do the rest of the work i need.

So my real question is, is there some kind of software like this or if not what would be the hardware needed? Easy setup please

Thanks for your answer. But what about the remote access? I saw this program teamviewer that allows remote connection but then i would have to rely on the computer and the internet being always on.

Is your internet not always on? Teamviewer is a VNC, why not just buy a cheap DVR, if your in Canada or the US, check out tigerdirect.ca or costco.ca or .com for either if in the US, the usually have well priced do it yourself kits.

As for accessing it why not just get a router and plug it in through an ethernet cable? If you want to use a computer you should look at a DVR insert card, many companies make them.