Siiak

Setup sugessions Geo NVR

Hi All,

We are doing our first all IP install with 16 3MP geovision Dome cameras and Ver. 8.5 NVR, Dell Optiplex 790 i7, 4GB Ram, 2 x 1.5TB data Drives and one 80GB SSD boot Drive, 2 x 8 port srw208mp-k9-na POE Switchs.

I would like to know if I should go with 32 bit or 64 bit windows 7, will 4GB memory be enough, how to tweek windows 7, how easy will it be to configure the NVR, any howto links would be appriciated.

Thanks

Siiak

I would go with 64Bit, Its stable and you might want to go about the 4gb Limit.

Super easy to config, install all the cameras, once they are powered/cabled then run the geovision IP detection utility, Within minutes you'll have it setup (in terms of camera mapping)

In terms of cabling and what not browse the forums, soundy put up a really good configuration with 10/100mbps PoE switches linked to a 100/1000mbps line back to the switch the NVR was on.

Using a switch with combo speeds like 8x ports 10/100 PoE and 2x 100/1000mbps ports means you can keep costs down while keeping total network speed high.

Most of the info you need for Geovision comes with the manual, If you have specifics post them on here and i'll give you a hand when I can.

One thing is your system is very light on storage, you may want to drop another few TB's in there to beef it up.

In terms of cabling and what not browse the forums, soundy put up a really good configuration with 10/100mbps PoE switches linked to a 100/1000mbps line back to the switch the NVR was on.

Using a switch with combo speeds like 8x ports 10/100 PoE and 2x 100/1000mbps ports means you can keep costs down while keeping total network speed high.

Here ya go:

Generic20network20layout-1.gif

Thanks a lot guys for your advice, Im hoping that the installation will go smooth I will post the results or questions if I will run into any hickups.

Thanks again

If all you are rocking is 4GB ram you could go with a 32 bit, if you have the money go 64 offers better expansion for latter, because I would hate to see you upgrade to like 16GB RAM and have a 32 bit OS.

Believe me I have seen that happen, server installs with 64GB RAM and someone goes and gets a 32 bit OS.