Sign in to follow this  
sneg_mike

Hello From Oz

Hey guys

I'm Mike from Australia, Im building my dream house at the moment and want to install a cctv system!

This forum looks like its full of great info !

If you are trying to save cost, you could check out ********** or ********** to purchase the parts and install it yourself. If you are just looking to install a bunch of stationary cameras that feed into a DVR, that is the simplest and cheapest way.

Make sure to look at how much storage is in any DVR you purchase. I've found if you want 16 cameras to record for 8 days at basically "live" quality, you need to look for around 2 terabytes of memory. Of course, that can be drastically reduced if the DVR has a motion detect option and you are ok with using that. You can access the DVR through a computer to see the live views or just to review any events triggered by the motion detect.

What are you looking to do?

If you are trying to save cost, you could check out ********** or ********** to purchase the parts and install it yourself. If you are just looking to install a bunch of stationary cameras that feed into a DVR, that is the simplest and cheapest way.

Make sure to look at how much storage is in any DVR you purchase. I've found if you want 16 cameras to record for 8 days at basically "live" quality, you need to look for around 2 terabytes of memory. Of course, that can be drastically reduced if the DVR has a motion detect option and you are ok with using that. You can access the DVR through a computer to see the live views or just to review any events triggered by the motion detect.

What are you looking to do?

Hi Brianparks

My post sum up most of it what do u think ? whats your advise ?

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29027

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=28762

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28760

check them out

mike.

I like what all the other responses said. Since you run with 240v power supplies, most of the places I shop for parts/supplies would not have the right equipment for you (plus they are mostly US shops, so I'm sure the shipping would take it out of a reasonable price range). The stuff you have seems fine from what I can tell. Good luck.

Make sure you drop structured wiring bundles in every place you can think of. Trust me will pay off later.