mo1956

CCTV camera recommendation

Hi all,

Im looking at buying a CCTV set-up with a recording device and around 6 cameras.

I dont understand CCTV systems in terms of picture quality and visibility in the dark so was looking for some input.

I have been recommended the Twighlight VFC 650 TVL for the back of the house and the Twilight VFD 650 TVL for the front but i just dont trust sales people as i have bought some over priced garbage tech on poor recommendations in the past.

Also does the recording device have any effect?

Also im happy to spend money for a pro system as my area has had alot of brake-ins (£1000 is what im thinking unless there is serious reason for more)

Thanks all.

Are you going to just install 6 stationary cameras and you want them to record on a DVR? How many hours/days do you want the cameras to record before the DVR starts to re-write over the data?

If you have no outside lights, you should look at infrared cameras (they have an array of what looks like little LED lights on the front of them). They are not really that much more expensive, but do give you less zoom range (at least on the cheaper ones) because those ones have no swappable lense option.

[store link removed - please read the rules] has a lot of that equipment for usually a great price. You could purchase an entire system from them, or buy each piece separately. Of course, their products are not "top of the line", but are fully acceptable for home security. If you talk to one of their sales people, usually you can get a 10% discount, too, instead of making the purchase online.

Hi i can give you the whole system under your buddget.

one 8CH DVR and 6 Effio-P outdoor camera.

We are SONY VIP memeber. you could consider .