jay964

Not full Screen?

So I've been using my GV-800 for quite some time now with Geovsion 8.4 Software. This has been an issue from the start but i just ignored it. Hopefully someone can help me out.

My Setup:

AMD quad core cpu

8 gb ram

win 7 (32) bit

2 monitors (one just for GV)

So on 'Monitor 1' I view a live feed of all 10 of my cameras. Everything fine here no problems.

177892_1.jpg

On 'Monitor 2' i see my desktop.

The problem comes when I click the view log button. It opens the video log on monitor 2. Thats fine. Its how its displayed thats the problem

Monitor 2 (Playback monitor)

177892_2.jpg

Why is the image not taking up the full screen? Why am I getting such a small view? This is only on the single view btw. On multi or quad it takes up the entire space.

Yeah what rory said.... also keep in mind even if you increase the recorded resolution it may not show up full screen.

If your monitor resolution is say 1024x768 and the image is only 320x240 or 640x480 it will show that size... you can still zoom in,m but its not going to pixalate it by zooming in by default, its going to show it AS recorded.

Because you are recording in CIF.

Change the record resolution to 640x480 or 720x480.

Where is this option? Under General Settings > System configure > Camera Record settings it just gives me an option 'Recording Quality' which i can set 1 to 5.

I found the option and it solved my issue. Thanks guys.

Btw, is there a way to select the cameras I want for a 4 channel display? I currently have 10 cameras and view all 10 at the same time but thats not needed. What Id like is to only have a live view of certain cameras. When I select 4 channel it pops up with the first 4 cameras (1,2,3,4). Id like to view 1,3,9,10

thats 1 thing geo have been asked to do for years is drag and drop screen images. they still have not done it.

you are best just chaging the BNC connectors in the order you want the view.

thats 1 thing geo have been asked to do for years is drag and drop screen images. they still have not done it.

you are best just chaging the BNC connectors in the order you want the view.

really? damn thats a shame. I see I'm able to do the drag and drop via the matrix settings but I'm not really sure what digital matrix is.

I think you just answered my question as well. I just added an IP Camera to go along with the 16 analog cameras. The analog are in an order.... say aisle 1-16. When I add the IP camera, I gave it postion 17 and it puts it out of order since it will replace camera 5.

Any way to make the IP camera number 5 (or at least position 5) and take the old analog #5 and move it to the end....say aisle 17?

I tried giving the IP camera #5 but then I lose the analog I think.

The only way to move an analog to position 17 is to add another capture card and move cam 5's BNC to it. Then you can select the IP cam's display position as 5.

That's the only option you have with a Geo hybrid system.

Yea, That's a little too bad actually. Can't believe you can move cameras around in multiview but you can't do it live on the main screen. We can set a playback order with different cameras but not live.

There must be something technically difficult that they don't provide that provision in the software.

I understand not being able to drag it around (lots of extra code involved) but should be at least able to set which channel goes where in a global setting such as the INI file. Things software developers do or dont do, just dont make sense sometimes.

You can always set up another monitor for the customer to view with the cams in the proper order using digital matrix. They only have to use the main system display for view log and configuration setup. They can be setup side by side or in another room.

i am missing something, i must be.

he is trying to get a larger picture on the second monitor?

by default, on my systems anyway, i see a small box like that when i am under playback.

that view can increase in size if you click on the magnifying glass icon (+) and then click on the playback image.

of course, i am assuming i missed something.

Hello Everyone;

I am using the computer base Geovission NVR and i cannot see the menus bottoms on the main screen ... it seems like it is in fullscreen ... how can i access the menus at the bottom ....