XXX

Geovision remote view problem

I'm sure I'm missing something stupid here.

My internet provider blocks port 80 so I moved to port 81 for the webserver. When I do that and then enter the IP address with :81 port designation I get a "403 forbidden, access denied" error. what gives?

I tried multiple ports with the same results.

Any suggestions?

looks like your router is blocking you.

What router are you using? make sure that the ports are open on the router side.

That's what i first though. I've forwarded all relevant ports. I even went to far as to completely bypass the router and connect the system directly to the computer. Same problem.

internet is crawling tonight, guess from the rain and the hurricane ..anyway,

only thing that is needed, is set TCP server to port 81, and Port Forward the router to 81. Restart everything and it should work. If it doesnt then they are also blocking port 81 perhaps.

Try another port, there are a few.

Try www.grc.com and Shields up, do the port test to see what http ports are available. To test it, must be done on the DVR, or a computer on that ISP.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

First port forward a port, like 81. Then Click on ALL SERVICE PORTS and see if it is open or not. If that port is red, it is not blocked and should work, if it is green then it is blocked. Port forward another HTTP port on the router (no need to do anything to the DVR yet), and try again. Do this until you find an open port.

For other HTTP ports to use:

https://www.grc.com/port_80.htm

The first thing to do here is to test the web cam view locally on the dvr itself...just put the name of the dvr in IE i.e. http://dvrname. If this does not work, than it may be an issue with the dvr itself.

Some other things to check:

is Windows Firewall running on the dvr?

Is Windows Firewall running on the machine you are trying to connect from?

Are all activex set to prompt or enable in IE security settings of browser?

let me know

sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

Perhaps check C:\WINDOWS\firewall.log (default location I believe) if Windows Firewall enabled and see if anything there. Make sure it is logging all successful and dropped packets, or dropped packets at least.

PM me the IP and ill telnet it for you ..

also, locally you can enter the ISP IP address, and do it that way, to see if it works.

You guys rock. Thanks for all the help. I'll try this stuff right now.

Thanks for the tools rory. I ran it and I can't find ANY ports that show open even though I have them forwarded in the router. Any suggestions?

The first thing to do here is to test the web cam view locally on the dvr itself...just put the name of the dvr in IE i.e. http://dvrname. If this does not work, than it may be an issue with the dvr itself.

Some other things to check:

is Windows Firewall running on the dvr?

Is Windows Firewall running on the machine you are trying to connect from?

Are all activex set to prompt or enable in IE security settings of browser?

let me know

sal

http://www.digitalwatchguard.com

It works fine over the LAN.

Windows firewall off on all computers

Active X enabled

What Router is it?

You tried all those ports?

Also, does the MultiCam thing work, not the browser, the regular software ..

What Router is it?

what in the world? I still get "stealth" on all the opened ports, even when forwarded. Its a linksys BEFW11S4.

What Router is it?

what in the world? I still get "stealth" on all the opened ports, even when forwarded. Its a linksys BEFW11S4.

The regular software works fine. I can use it from computer to computer in my LAN. I can't figure out why the ports aren't showing open. I'm using the "Forwarding" section of the router.

Thats a good tip above you can always enter 127.0.0.1 to test it on the dvr itself, whenever I used to do a demo or a presentation it means you can show the network options with only one computer.

That doesn't work!?! I can reach the DVR using the LAN IP address of another computer on the network.

Any suggestions as to why my router isn't opening ports?

OK, reset the router and was able to set forwarding to allow ports to be opened. Now when I try to access the dvr remotely (outside LAN) I'm getting a HTTP Error 403 Forbidden and Access Denied.

Ug!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions? This is crazy. I've never had this trouble getting connected remotely.

Have you set a static 192.168.xx.xx IP address on the dvr itself to assure that you are forwarding the ports to the correct machine?

Have you set a static 192.168.xx.xx IP address on the dvr itself to assure that you are forwarding the ports to the correct machine?

Yup. Traffic is definately heading to the correct machine. It seems as through there is a problem as soon as I change the default HTTP Port to anything besides the default 80.

I'm stumped.

The ipconfig on the DVR is as follows:

IP: 192.168.1.101 (ports forwarded on router to this machine)

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

sorry my inet was down all night, are you changing the port in the DVR software also ..?

also put your ISP DNS Server info in that PCs 2 DNS Server boxes, at least we have to do that down here.

sorry my inet was down all night, are you changing the port in the DVR software also ..?

also put your ISP DNS Server info in that PCs 2 DNS Server boxes, at least we have to do that down here.

I've changed the port in the DVR software to 81 which shows open. I'll check DNS server info. I'll try that right now.

try telnet the IP and port see what you get ... using the ISP Ip

I tried it on a computer on the LAN using both LAN IP and WAN IP with no luck.

Oops i didn't have webserver running. Able to get connected with LAN IP and WAN IP from a computer on the LAN

Hmmm...now it works! I still can't get images on my blackberry like I can with my other systems like this but I imagine that has something to do with the way it handles ports.

Sal, let me know if you still want the IP. I can PM it to you.

I sure got some great troubleshooting tips with this thread, thanks so much!