R_Willis

Looking 4 some PTZ Dome Cameras to Function w/ my Axis 241q

I'm looking for a few affordable dome PTZ cameras that will work with my axis 241q ip video server allowing me to control them. Looking at a budget of $250-350 per camera. Camera will be mounted outside under the roof eaves.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

PS: also trying to find a reasonably priced, well made 4channel DVR w/ loop bnc outputs.

It is not possible to purchase any quality PTZ dome for that price. The good camera modules or the 'block cameras' which fit inside the domes start at that price alone. Top block cameras run to $500 US alone plus the dome.

The Installers will recommend CNB.

What is the cheapest CNB PTZ?

What block camera does it use? (I am guessing a CNB unit?)

There are some GVI PTZ cams with nice specs being blown out on ebay now, due to GVI having gone out of business. As a result, there's no support beyond DOA guarantee, so if you're willing to take a chance, it may work out.

Otherwise, there's not much available in that price range.

I was cruising around ebay last night and came across this design, which I think is pretty cool. It's a ptz but not a dome. Frankly, I don't like domes at all. Too high maintanence. This has ok specs, I suppose- from what I can unravel! BIN @ 360.00 balloons. China. It's the buying from China thing that I don't usually do with ebay. And yeah, yeah, ebay crap this, ebay crap that. But this one interestes me and I can't help it! LOL! Talk me outa it, please!

178562_1.jpg

Features?

-27x optical zoom camera, color to B/W , with IR-CUT switch, realize IR lamp control and zoom camera IR CUT switch synchronization, reach to perfect IR night effect.

-Double Case protect Camera device, continuing work in temperature lower than 50 degree C.

-Use high quality components, high minute subset into TV, long life Conductive slip ring, High-quality Belts, Stable operation, high reliability.

-Adopted domestic the most advanced "zoom and optics sync" way control IR lamp, in effect solve "electric torch" domino effect, original creation intelligent control IR lamp on and off, utilize IR light source in reason;

Design special camera, IR lamp sub-depot separate system, no sphere case glisten, fogging malady.

-Constant voltage constant current circuit design, ensure IR lamp work in long life.

-Low Power Consumption.

-Optional temperature control system, suitable for working in high or low temperature environment. High-technica, beautiful and firm Structure.

-Triple lightning protection technology, effectively raising the speed dome mine and anti-jamming capability.

Specifications:

Image sensor: 1/4 inch sharp CCD

Signal model: PAL/NTSC

Horizontal resolution: Color: 420TVL B/W:600 TVL

Effective pixel: 582(Horizontal)x 512(Vertical)

Minimum illumination: 0LUX(with IR), Color to B/W, IR SENSOR

S/N ratio: >=50dB(Enhanced)

Backlight compensation: On/Off

White balance: Auto

Electronic shutter: 1/50 to 1/12000 seconds

Focus length: 3.2 to 86.4mm

Optical focus: 27x

Focus: Auto/manual, take high-performance DSP to realize complete digit and ultra-high speed focus function

Presets: 256

Patrol track: 4groups, each can record 100 actions

Cruise track: Total 30 presets can join cruise, can setting the presets' residence time

Other scans: Support Horizontal scan, deuce area scan, scan random

Rotation range: Horizontal and Vertical Min 0.01 degree,Max 200 degree/S

Communications: RS-485, PELCO D, PELCO P

OSD: Yes

Temperature control: Built-in

Intelligent IR lamps: 50m, auto-switch the IR distance according to the focus of camera or force to turn on/off the IR lamps through software

Power supply: DC12V/3A

Material: Aluminum shell, waterproof IP66

Work environment: -20 degree C to +50 degree C(select temperature control accessories), <95%RH

I had a PCB backboard of that particular dome laying around here somewhere. I was going to upload a photo but can't seem to find it.

Did that dome come from a company named Jet CCTV ? Anyway, most of those PTZs have fairly rudimentary internals. Even when it comes as a domed unit with a lower plexiglass dome and not the IR setup as per the photo, the motor unit is not a separate dome drive. The slighly better ones come with AMP modules which allow the camera, motors and PTZ operation to be unplugged and removed in one tidy assembly. This then leaves the main motherboard untouched inside the upper dome housing.

Did that dome come from a company named Jet CCTV

Not that I know of- at least that's not the seller. I don't know anything much about ptz's. While this one interests me, a 1/4" 420 tvl seems like big step back, although I'd mostly be monitoring this camera during the overnight. Perhaps the picture would be acceptable.

I don't mean to bust into this thread- it's the OPs' question that matters. Maybe this looks like something interesting to him, I don't know. All I know is my eyeball and bullet cameras do fantastic in all weather. Domes seem to suffer from all kinds of quirks- the ones I monitor at work being no exception. I just don't like domes. Hence, this looks like what I wondered could be done- domeless.

The poorly designed and constructed domes are a lot of work. May I ask what you are comparing the domes to? i.e. do you know the brand of the domes you use at work?

People are bidding on them like crazy already. Not sure which dome they use here at work. I'll have to take a look. And yeah, 420tvl seems suck for the price.