Todd

IP cams make cpu go to 99% usage

Sysprep isn't new to Win7 either - I've been using it since at least Windows 2000... probably came out with the initial introduction of Windows NT.

To answer your original question; setup the IP camera to dual stream. With this setup -

Stream 1 - Highest resolution and fps & h.264 codec is recorded

Stream 2 - lower resolution and fps & MPEG4/MJPEG codec is the live view stream

you will have live viewing at a much lesser cpu intensive stream and recordings at the best quality. You will have to disconnect the IP camera from multicam, open and setup the second stream on the camera and re-add it to the multicam software. This will reduce the CPU loading.

The better solution is upgrade your processor to resolve this problem.

I concur.

16 core CPU and 32GB Ram

I concur.

16 core CPU and 32GB Ram

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

I concur.

16 core CPU and 32GB Ram

Huh... Why 16 core and 32 gig?.... I was going 32 core and 16 gig. Every answer just seems to open more questions...

BTW, appreciate all the answers out there.

I'm going to semi hijack my own thread. I have a customer who is going to do 16 analog and we could end up with as many as 16 ip cams. I understand the Q6600 isn't the newest chip out there, and I will upgrade my own soon, but will a 2500K even push that? There really isn't too much bigger out there unless we look into dual chip configurations.

Should we recomend mostly 1.3MP cameras with few 3MP cams? Are there any guides out there that might suggest how much can one cpu push. Or is it just a matter of using the dual stream and really shutting the cams down in live view?

Since I plan to upgrade my own stuff, I might as well plan for the future. I'm out of analog space so it's all IP for me from this point on.