Firefighter

Do/Would you display a Video Security sign?

Well ... i've been kidnapped twice, attacked with home made axes by crackheads, ran over by a car in one attack, not to mention gang attacks, botched knife attacks, machine gun attacks, attempted car jackings (they lay down large rocks as home made road blocks, cops take a while to respond), had my life threatened more times than I can count. In fact just last night had rocks thrown at my truck while driving just 100 feet from a police station, on the way to the food store - but that said I still never back down, when one does that they show weakness, and then its all over.

In the end, if the criminals really want to get us they will, and due to the pathetic gun laws here (probably much like in the UK and Australia) there isnt much we can really do about it - besides be very cautious - which some might consider being paranoid.

Be honest now- with a resume of withstanding that kinda of punishment, you're really...

It's historical facts, most took place more than 10 years ago. Since then I have been more cautious, although I still travel alot at night - no traffic - plus Ive been dealing with night club video for 10 years and there has been one murder after the next that I had to deal with (gangsta clubs).

Axe attack was the 2nd week I got my jeep, which was in April 2001. 2 crackheads came up to me at a chicken shack asking for $1, I ignored them, then they attacked first saying they just got out of prison and dont care if they went back. I fought them off all the way up the road, even through a bus that stopped scared, the driver running away from the scene. Ended up just outside the government house (btw with an armed sleeping local army), they eventually grabbed the keys I dropped and stole the jeep - 1 axe was recovered as evidence. They were captured within 2 days and got 17 months max in prison (yeah for attempted murder and grand theft auto). They allegedly asked to be sent to the local mental prison due to their crack addiction but were told it was full - likely they got out early and robbed or killed someone else, or got killed themself.

1st kidnapping was when I was 18, ended up just being robbed and left on some back road, happened along with my friend at the time, and a french tourist - they kidnapped us from the Paradise Island Bridge.

2nd kidnapping was more recent (12 years ago approx), I jumped from the fast moving car as they said they were "killing a white boy tonight", it was emancipation night (a national holiday here). Both knees were bust wide open from the jump. Then they preceded to turn around and run me down 3 times with their car. I got away and searched for them for 1 year - never actually found them. By now they are likely dead though.

The rest happened here and there, all part of the life of not locking yourself inside your appt and throwing away the key. Ive been attacked just standing outside a gas station talking to the manager - pushed the attacker to the ground then went inside due to incoming attacks from his other thug friends, and locked the door, called the cops but they never turned up (actually that was just a year or so ago).

We have to defend ourselves, cant rely on the cops to be everywhere. Guns would be helpful though, otherwise a machete and steel stick and whatever else we can get our hands on ... will have to do. Illegal guns get you a heavy prison sentence here.

I lived in Long Island New York by the way, its night and day compared to here.

I also used to travel in the City alot on my motorbike.

Be honest now- with a resume of withstanding that kinda of punishment, you're really...

Nah, can't be.

I dont claim to be anything I am not.

There are far more others that have been through ALOT more than I have.

Just telling it like it is, since you asked.

i already scratched the bahamas off of the list of places i'd like to someday visit.

actually being american, there's a very short list of places we can actually go where the local population doesn't automatically hate us. there's also very few things we can't do inside the US though.

Nah, can't be.

I dont claim to be anything I am not.

There are far more others that have been through ALOT more than I have.

Just telling it like it is, since you asked.

Rory- meant as tongue in cheek. I don't mean to make small of your struggles. At the very least, trouble seems to find YOU. Just be careful out there!

i already scratched the bahamas off of the list of places i'd like to someday visit.

If you came here as a tourist its unlikely you would ever be in the area we locals live in. Tourists stay in lavish hotels with tons of security, most outside of the native areas. Even the cruise ship passengers generally stay on the main street which is covered in police and very few locals other than those working there. Also recall this is the capital city on its own island - the many out islands are pretty much crime free and show the real Bahamas in all its beauty - so I would recommend those any day for a tropical get away.

At the very least, trouble seems to find YOU.

What fun would life be if it didn't, it makes one appreciate life even more

When I shot the Atlantis opening fireworks show, I remember not being impressed on the drive to it after we landed. I was like- the bahamas seems kinda creepy. But then of course you get to the desination and pow- all is beautiful. In general, I'd take the bahamas over hawaii ANY day to visit- a whole lot closer and looks a whole bunch the same. To live, I'd choose neither.

When I shot the Atlantis opening fireworks show, I remember not being impressed on the drive to it after we landed. I was like- the bahamas seems kinda creepy. But then of course you get to the desination and pow- all is beautiful. In general, I'd take the bahamas over hawaii ANY day to visit- a whole lot closer and looks a whole bunch the same. To live, I'd choose neither.

You were shooting fireworks?

Also hawaii is mountainous/volcanic, we are not.

They have huge waves, we dont.

They are an 11+ hour flight- you are not.

You were shooting fireworks?

Yep, awesome show.

Yep they do go all out on it.

I can see their fireworks from my beach

Are you a PGI shooter? I don't run into other pyro's to often.

Are you a PGI shooter? I don't run into other pyro's to often.

LOL. No. I think the conventions are wild and they look like great fun, but I do not attend. I display professionally for a top company.