Tibbu

Normal camera Brightness problem

Hi all,

I am having a odd problem.

I have installed a normal night vision camera on a shop. But on TV video's brightness is automatically increasing (for 2 second) and decreasing (for 2 second)

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thank you

Is the brightness changing on the TV itself, or is the brightness changing due to the camera trying to automatically adjust. Does it do it all the time, or just during day or night?

To see if it is the TV, try putting the signal into another TV. If it is still doing it, you can pretty much assume it is the camera trying to auto-adjust. Is the camera digital with its own internal menu settings. You could try adjusting the settings to manual iris if it has that option. Is it a nightvision camera (like the green screen type) or an infared type camera that has the array of bulbs on the front of the camera?

Is the brightness changing on the TV itself, or is the brightness changing due to the camera trying to automatically adjust. Does it do it all the time, or just during day or night?

To see if it is the TV, try putting the signal into another TV. If it is still doing it, you can pretty much assume it is the camera trying to auto-adjust. Is the camera digital with its own internal menu settings. You could try adjusting the settings to manual iris if it has that option. Is it a nightvision camera (like the green screen type) or an infared type camera that has the array of bulbs on the front of the camera?

Hi brianparkes,

Thank you for reply.

Its very ordinary camera without any settings.

I have tried changing TV no result.

Yes i think you are right camera is trying to auto adjust.

There is no problem in normal day light problem occurs only when we turn on tube lights in the room(Copper choke type).

Thank you

Sorry but there is no settings option in camera only power supply and video out cable.

The camera is trying to adjust bright spots.

Please help to solve issue.

Exactly what brand is that camera. You mentioned night vision. Do you mean IR (infrared)? Does it have it's own light source or is it an auto-iris lense? Some cameras do have a little panel on the side of the camera that you can take off to reveal more of the setting switches. Best be would be to get the exact make/model of the camera and look up the manual for it to see if they mention this issue. One other idea. Try taking the camera down and put it in a room without the tube lights to see if the same issue persists (that way you can narrow it down to if it is the light bulbs that are definitely causing the issue or does the camera do this with other types of lights).

Thank you so much for detailed reply.

Sir its a IR LED based camera. please see attached image of camera.

Specs (As provided by company)

IR LED's : 22 Pcs.

CCD Sensor : 1/3" Sony

Lens : 3.6mm

Power : 12V DC/350mA

Yes problems disappears in day light or if we turn off tube lights.

Please let me know that posing links are legal or not so that i can provide link of camera website.

Its average budget camera around 65$.

Thank you

link_ir_cam_b.jpg.7b46352a87f61acb2d02b7e6cbd47009.jpg

Hi members,

We have solved the issue by loosing 10% image quality.

We have used Light gray film (Used on Car glasses) on camera lens.

The problem is 90% solved.

Thanks gentlemen for your replies.

Not a bad idea with the extra tint on the dome. If you ever get to a point where you might replace the bulbs, you could try a slightly lower wattage bulb, too. Before you go spending the money though, try to find some somewhere else to see if you can test them first (or just make sure the company you purchased them from will take them back if it won't permanently solve the issue).

I had a lot of glare issues on one of my shots (not the flicker issue that you seem to have), but reducing the wattage from 35 to 25 on the bulbs helped a lot and it really didn't affect the employees working in that area (I also went from "cool" to "warm" bulbs for better color enhancement).

Its the lights. Need a different camera.

Some [normally very cheap models] have issues with that type of lighting.

Also try disabling the IR by disconnecting the power to the LED ring and see if that makes a difference.

Ive seen this with cheap CMOS cams before. Your specs dont say if its CCD or CMOS.

@ brainsparks

I tried changing camera also but not much improvement.

Thank you for tip for changing the bulb type(cool to warm) it really improved video colors.

@Rory

Its a CCD camera as i mentioned in one of the my posts.

No results on disabling the IR LED's

I have used some CMOS cameras in my hobby projects (they are really cheap 7 dolor only ) they really produce lots of flicker.

Don't forget to check your power level at the camera. If the power drops to low then the camera's won't work right. (look for bad connections or faulty cables)

Also make sure that your power is clean. If there is noise on the your power line it can inter fear with the camera's performance. I've seen Florescent lights cause unwanted noise / interference. You can eliminate interference by installing an Isolation transformer. If you are using a UPS then it might all ready have an Isolation transformer in it.

Good luck

Hi all,

I am having a odd problem.

I have installed a normal night vision camera on a shop. But on TV video's brightness is automatically increasing (for 2 second) and decreasing (for 2 second)

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thank you

Thinking it is possible because the camera IR sensor is too sensitive.

When your shop is a little dark, then IR turns on and screen image's brightness increases.

After IR is on , when lighting is enough to trigger the IR sensor to shut off the IR, then brightness decreases.