Numb-nuts

What planet is he on

I am watching a program about Shoplifting and there was a shoplifter being wrestled bt security gurads, he bites them spits st them while they struggle with him. Suddenly his phone rings and he askes quite calmly "can I answer my phone please guys"?

What planet is he on???????????

What a plonker. One thing I learned about shoplifters id they like to spit in an effort to escape while waiting for police to come so any new clients I have that have retail outlets where shoplifting is a problem, I will recommend an anti-spit hood made of somme shear material that allows breathing and vision but stops spit leaving it's confines. That and a velcro leg restraint because suspects can do a lot of damage when kicking out.

Anyone else got any tips for restraining suspects who are violent and offensive?

was the programme called 'secrets of the shoplifter'?

Yes I think that was it. I've seen it twice now. I wanted to see if I could pick up some tips before I next go to Tesco. lol

yeah. i was dissapointed it was just a one off show rather than a series.

have a look for a programme alled 'break in and make my day' on 4OD. i think you'll like it.

After working in retail for a bit, I was amazed at the stupidity of shoplifters. Let's get them their own planet!

After working in retail for a bit, I was amazed at the stupidity of shoplifters. Let's get them their own planet!

Never work - have you ever tried to slip an entire planet under your jacket and slip out the door with it without being noticed??

I like anything where the criminal gets their just desserts, gets caught, gets

inconvenienced, etc. Its kind of revenge by proxy

I agree. I recently purchased an M26 Taser with a 21ft range cartridge.

pulling the trigger gives 5 seconds worth of 50,000 volts to the perp.

the nice thing is you can pull the trigger again as often as needed....

They are expensive, but worth it.

I really hope you never have the need to use it.

Never work - have you ever tried to slip an entire planet under your jacket and slip out the door with it without being noticed??

Years ago, I did see a guy get a pair of small block Chevy heads out of a wrecking yard under his coat, that was pretty impressive....

Years ago, I did see a guy get a pair of small block Chevy heads out of a wrecking yard under his coat, that was pretty impressive....

Saw an article years ago in a Reader's Digest about some of the things people steal from hotels. One New York hotel had once reported the theft of an entire marble fireplace...

I really hope you never have the need to use it.

Well, me too actually.

Although If I had the chance to use it on the guys that broke into my house last year, I would have no problem pulling the trigger until the batteries went dead!

Here in the UK I thank providence that pepper spray, tasers, guns, and any type of weapon that can injure are not legal to carry own or use in defence. They are quite widely restricted and thank heavens for it, if I can get one so can the criminals and they are more likely to use these weapons against others. Better these weapons are not easily available.

Yes criminals will get hold of guns tasers etc, but they stand a good chance of being stopped by police and gaoled (jailed) and the sentences are mandatory even without trying to use the weapon.

This has the effect of stopping the majority of criminals and potential criminals from carrying weapons.

Seriously determined crims will always get hold of weapons but a lot of the potential for crime is removed. If the price to pay for that is that I do not have access to weapons, I think thats a price worth paying.

Here in the UK...

Seriously determined crims will always get hold of weapons but a lot of the potential for crime is removed. If the price to pay for that is that I do not have access to weapons, I think thats a price worth paying.

+1

I watched something about the UK outlawing samurai swords after a rash of samurai sword attacks left people maimed (and many wished they had been killed)... anything can be an effective weapon, where do you draw the line?

Also, pepper spray makes a terrible offensive weapon, you want to run away after you spray it or you'll get choked up too.

I watched something about the UK outlawing samurai swords after a rash of samurai sword attacks left people maimed (and many wished they had been killed)... anything can be an effective weapon, where do you draw the line?

Also, pepper spray makes a terrible offensive weapon, you want to run away after you spray it or you'll get choked up too.

I do a fair amount of work in prisons, you should see the creativity of inmates, making weapons out of just about anything there!

I do a fair amount of work in prisons, you should see the creativity of inmates, making weapons out of just about anything there!

I agree, Hardwired,

I worked in law enforcement for a number of years. believe me, I would much rather be carrying when faced with some punk that doesn't care what he has to do to get his next fix. If it come to his life or mine, you can bet I'll go down fighting. I don't want to start a big argument on weapons versus no weapons, I know everybody feels different about the subject.

Cheers,