rkninc

Exacq Software vs. Others

What a great resource this forum is. Thanks to all the members for making it what it is.

For our small business grocery store with 20 cameras we want to get 4 or so IP cams to monitor the parking (150x100 L shaped lot) lot but have been disappointed with the software demos provided by pics and videos on eBay. We want an easy to use simple and reliable software which can work with a new standalone IP system. The analog system we want to keep as-is since I think its cost prohibitive to upgrade all the way.

Is it really plug and play in IP world like analog or are each software proprietary to its cameras manufacturer?

How much would a 4ch system cost?

Is Exacq the best software... I have seen a demo on their site and it seems pretty simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Whatever NVR software you use will probably not integrate at all with your existing system (not knowing what your existing DVR is) - to get them all together, you'll be looking at either replacing your current DVR with a hybrid system, or with multi-channel encoders to go along with the NVR... or you'll need to access both from two separate VMS/client apps on a PC.

The software is not typically proprietary to the cameras (unless you're talking the software that comes WITH a camera), but you do need to look at each software package's compatibility list of supported cameras - the big names (Exacq, Milestone, Vigil, etc.) do have very broad support for a wide range of camera and encoder brands.

Lots here will say Avigilon is the best NVR/VMS around... I haven't tried it yet, but I have tried Exacq, and it's not bad. I install mostly Vigil systems, where the DVRs/hybrids/NVRs all use the same server software (an NVR in this case is just a hybrid DVR without the capture card), and it's a very nice system as well.

There's a thread elsewhere for DVR screenshots, but none for NVR/VMS screenshots... thinking that might have to change

Lots here will say Avigilon is the best NVR/VMS around... I haven't tried it yet, but I have tried Exacq, and it's not bad. I install mostly Vigil systems, where the DVRs/hybrids/NVRs all use the same server software (an NVR in this case is just a hybrid DVR without the capture card), and it's a very nice system as well.

There's a thread elsewhere for DVR screenshots, but none for NVR/VMS screenshots... thinking that might have to change

How much for Vigil?

How much for Vigil?

MSRP will run between $2,000-$4,000 for a turnkey system, depending on channels, features, storage, and modules desired (POS, analytics, etc.).

I have a customer that is trying to sell their Exacq licenses let me know your interested.

How much? I see you sell "Avigilon". Is one better then another?

Wow... For that price you can put like 16 Analog cams and get pretty much same result as IP. No?

MSRP will run between $2,000-$4,000 for a turnkey system, depending on channels, features, storage, and modules desired (POS, analytics, etc.).

Wow... For that price you can put like 16 Analog cams and get pretty much same result as IP. No?

No.

Analog cam at CIF:

cheap_cam1-1.jpg

1.3MP cam (click for full size):

good_cam1-1.jpg

Keep in mind that we're not just talking about adding IP cameras... we're talking about a DVR that's probably substantially more advanced than what you're using now.

Well can some one send me prices for Exacq, Avigilon, etc and enlighten me on the differences. We are on a mom and pop budget not CIA.

Well can some one send me prices for Exacq, Avigilon, etc and enlighten me on the differences. We are on a mom and pop budget not CIA.

Where are u located ?

Thank You for the responses. Does anyone know how Avigilon compares with Exacq or Vigil (Soundy said he used). I will be recommending to my boss the software and need to know why one brand over another. I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks.

Thank You for the responses. Does anyone know how Avigilon compares with Exacq or Vigil (Soundy said he used). I will be recommending to my boss the software and need to know why one brand over another. I appreciate everyone's help.

Thanks.

Night and day IMO.

Avigilon has all others in the mirror.

If you're looking for budget NVR, choose NUUO. It's price point is much better than Avigilon or Exacq for your needs. It's an intuitive easy to use package with some basic analytics in built.

If you're looking for budget NVR, choose NUUO. It's price point is much better than Avigilon or Exacq for your needs. It's an intuitive easy to use package with some basic analytics in built.

Got a customer with 8 retail locations all running NUUO. They didn't want to spend a fortune and there support is great. The other day the customer had some questions and I got the NUUO tech to contact my customer to help him out. No complaints with them what-so-ever but the computer requires some horsepower where exacq will run on lower powered cost effective computer, or Linux

Does your boss want to access the camera via his blackberry? Oh sorry Avigilon will not do that but exacq will. Although if you think he may be searching through video often then Avigilon will blow exacq away.

What is your bosses desired usage and that will help narrow down your choices here. Include how many concurrent logins and client installs. Lots of opinions and no one is wrong in there assessment it all comes down to what he ultimately wants besides recording video, does he want analytics?

Who uses Black Berry anymore?

Surprisingly many still do. Like me Gotta support Canadian enterprise!! Oh wait then that would mean I should be jumping ship to Avigilon DOH!

I was pointing out the few things preventing me from jumping at the moment. I've been selling exacq for a couple years now and I know it pretty well. I've become used to the fact that it just works with everything so I'm having a tough time with the conversion. It's just nice to tell all my customers yes it will work with that....and there is no cost adder to allow it to work with your mobile phone!

With a tight budget for IP cams, be sure to look at both initial license costs and whether licenses have to be renewed yearly.

Thanks for everybody's help. I specified in the post that we want to keep analog and IP separate and someone here offered us encoders in addition to the IP cams and software. I though encoders were to make analog systems integrate with IP?

With a tight budget for IP cams, be sure to look at both initial license costs and whether licenses have to be renewed yearly.

Yeah but encoders are considered an IP camera when it comes to licensing so you will have to pay a license fee per encoder. Some encoders have 4 ports on them, allowing you to only pay one licensing fee for four analog cameras.

We wanted IP cameras not analog with IP encoders.

Yeah but encoders are considered an IP camera when it comes to licensing so you will have to pay a license fee per encoder. Some encoders have 4 ports on them, allowing you to only pay one licensing fee for four analog cameras.

We wanted IP cameras not analog with IP encoders.

So you wanna replace your 20 analog cameras with 4 IP cameras or you wanna add 4 IP cameras to your current 20 analog cameras? Do you want 2 systems or one big one?

We want 2 separate systems. We already have 20 analog cameras. In the first post it was specified that we want 4 IP cams for a parking lot as a separate system.

So you wanna replace your 20 analog cameras with 4 IP cameras or you wanna add 4 IP cameras to your current 20 analog cameras? Do you want 2 systems or one big one?