pinchio

March Networks "worlds toughest mobile dvr"

Have you heard of March Networks before?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Have you heard of March Networks before?

• Yes
    • No

So you think your DVR is tough...think again!

March Networks a Canadian based manufacturer, yes that's right a manufacturer in North America not some far off distant land has built the worlds toughest DVR! It's one tough mother ...

March has introduced a model they call the 5308 MDVR, just like BMW the numbers stand for both series and performance. According to specs on their site (http://www.marchnetworks.com/products/dvr_comparison.asp) the DVR is capable of withstanding the most harshest environments and has passed the toughest industry shock and vide tests (J1455,IP65 and others). The unit has NO fans so other than the removable sealed hard drive chassis there are no other moving parts which translates into little to no maintenance, "fire and forget" construction.

The DVR is designed specifically for the mobile environment and comes complete with docking station, which you would normally mount permanently. Then to remove the DVR you simply unlock it from the docking station and re-insert latter "voila no wires".

I've also heard that some federal agencies have used the mobile DVR, which can effortless hook-up to a wireless network for surveillance in "hot stake out zones". Picture if you will a stake out which you don't want to blow your cover. Simply install the DVR and hook up your cameras (up to 8). Fire up the DVR and drive within range of the wireless network to view the "perps" conducting business, again "fire and forget".

The DVR also comes with GPS capability which when viewing video in the playback tool will show you how fast the vehicle is travelling, what direction and where on the map (integrates with Microsoft Mappoint) the vehicle is located.

Anyhow the price is extremely competitive for a unit that is the "Swiss Army Knife" of DVRs. Anyhow don't take my word for it check it out for yourself...http://www.marchnetworks.com/products/5308mdvr.asp.

Has anyone else heard of March Networks? Any comments...

Edited by Guest

if the price is right, then its good, but Ive tried before with no luck to get any pricing from march networks, and noone is really selling them online yet, So i guess they have a way to go yet, at least in marketing.

Edited by Guest

Check out the list of resellers. The reason I believe there is no online purchasing is because March Networks has a distributor/reseller business model, you get great service and pricing from someone in your region as apposed to buying directly from manufacturer who would sell it at MSRP. The reseller has a volume agreement so the more they sell the more we save.

You can view the available resellers here:

http://www.marchnetworks.com/partner/certifiedpartner.asp#lam

Does anyone know how much these cost? I don't care if it's MSRP, dealer, whatever I just want to see how much they are!

It's a little bit late for the price, so, here it is: MSRP (CDN$) 6 566.00$ without hardrive and managment tool.

You have to be certified to sell this product or to buy it from marchnetworks (I am )