jkunesh

PTZ alarm presets in Lenel

Surely there must be a way to have the software automatically direct the PTZ to a preset upon an incoming alarm?

Sure there is. But you failed to mention the camera or the VMS.

Lenel OnGuard platform alarm output into the VMS Alarm input.

cameras pelco spectra series (2, 3, or 4...depnding on location) encoded by an Axis M7001 and also have Axis Q6032-E cameras on site. VMS is Lenel OnGuard.

Ahh VMS is Lenel OnGuard.

I thought you were referring to Lenel OnGuard platform for the access control and you wanted to have a PTZ swing around to a door when it had an alarm.

Can you give some more detail? Maybe give us a scenario?

customer has many PTZ cameras and many exterior doors (all of which have dps on them). They would like to have a PTZ, for example, have several presets assigned to it associated with the doors within it's field of view. Upon a door opening (during certain hours) they would like to have the PTZ swing around and zoom in on the door that had opened. And eventually, down the road...., have the video sent to a dedicated monitor.

Not familiar with that platform yet. Lenel training on Monday.

There should be a place in the software to set preset camera positions. You would set up a position for each door and bookmark.

Then when that door contact opened it would trigger that preset position.

Surely there must be a way to have the software automatically direct the PTZ to a preset upon an incoming alarm?

An incoming alarm to where? How will the PTZ receive the signal to go to the preset if it is not output to input or over coaxitron? What is your recording device?

a door contact creates an alarm condition in the Lenel OnGuard software. Thus, theoretically, I should be able to tell the software somehow to send the PTZ to a preset when the door is in alarm. This is a completely IP based system. There are pelco spectra domes encoded through Axis M7001 encoders. There are also Axis Q6032-E ptzs on site. Not sure how to make this happen.

no, the card reader interface receives the door contact signal at the door and sends it to the network over cat5. theorhetically the software should be able to send the command to move to the camera and get it done. I am not real familiar with the Lenel OnGuard software and this project was kind of "thrown" at me.....luckily, we do have a demo system here for me to test with before I go out to the customer site.

hi. just had a look at the manual (that takes some learning by its self) not all ip cameras support alarms you will need to talk with tech as they dont give a support list.

but the software does support a I/O box. so if your cameras are not supported then that is another option. but you will need either a n/c or n/o feed from the door which can be done with a simple door contact.