ThomasSmith

Desperate: "thief" cheating our wired CCTV constantly?

It's a fact they hate us, not sure exactly why... some unknown thing we don't know, or just our house... we work hard and not that we're millionaires (we would have guards then) but they have a smaller house... but they seem to have good equipment to break to us, so they can't be so poor.

We know they have a friend though, and we heard this guy was in prison in France some years ago (not sure for exactly what, but supposedly for burglary and such, and not for violent crimes like murder). So he might be simply a pro who supports these psychopaths to take their revenge on us (for whatever reason).

On a side note, cash was also stolen earlier (we didn't use a safe), and the Master's Degree of my grandfather (maybe they deal with forging official papers, diplomas?!)

Sorry for bad English btw, we aren't native.

P.S.: btw it's just an assumption they use bugs, don't consider it as a fact. It's just that they always knew how to cheat our latest security system (motion detectors, then cctv, then it seems that cctv+ups too, even though they are MUCH LESS signs in these weeks than before, so it seems their possibilities are much more limited).

P.S.2: we don't live in the US. I found this forum in my desperacy, it looked like an international forum (sorry if I missed anything).

ak357, mythbusters have defeated all types of security sensors on national TV. if you know how to bypass one, might as well let us know so we can use something else.

Hmm, on open forum

nop

ak357, mythbusters have defeated all types of security sensors on national TV. if you know how to bypass one, might as well let us know so we can use something else.

They did have to use different methods to beat different types of sensors... a combination of sensors might be more reliable.

They did have to use different methods to beat different types of sensors... a combination of sensors might be more reliable.

Yep,

PIR alone is not a big deal

PIR and Microwave a little more challenging

but possible

P.S.2: we don't live in the US. I found this forum in my desperacy, it looked like an international forum (sorry if I missed anything).

Don't worry, it is.

Try the tape to narrow down what anyone could be doing. Also, do you have wifi? Could be an easy way to get into your systems.

As mentioned, if you do use WIFI, make sure it's secured with WAP or WAP2 and not WEP. WEP has been proven easy to break.

If there is any possibility someone could have the current password, it's a good idea to go ahead and change it. I just can't see someone being able to defeat your systems in this manner. Are you sure it's not your significant other doing this to justify spending more on high tech gadgets?? Sounds like something I would do.

Also mentioned earlier, some type of alternative video or picture capture system? A wildlife game cam that snaps on motion? Something completely independent of your house system.

If you are being bugged as you say, you could build some type of independent capture system that runs off a 12v car battery and build it into a chair ottoman or something? Bring the pieces in one at a time over a course of days so no one will realize what you're doing and don't speak of it while in the house (bugs).

This all sounds very strange, good luck!

Jason

Why don't you just get some dogs? Everyone so far has responded with some form of technology.. Put a nasty dog on the inside of your house.. when you come home to half eaten burglars then you will have solved the problem and saved the next guys house from being robbed.

Why don't you just get some dogs? Everyone so far has responded with some form of technology.. Put a nasty dog on the inside of your house.. when you come home to half eaten burglars then you will have solved the problem and saved the next guys house from being robbed.

I agree that would work here, the locals hate dogs .. scared crapless of them.

But i guess the kind of culprits this chap is up against might just poison them?

True.. But a well trained dog won't eat food that isn't served by it's owner. Maybe a couple shotguns wired to motion detectors will work too. LOL

This post is out of hand.

I agree that would work here, the locals hate dogs .. scared crapless of them.

But i guess the kind of culprits this chap is up against might just poison them?

True.. But a well trained dog won't eat food that isn't served by it's owner. Maybe a couple shotguns wired to motion detectors will work too. LOL

This post is out of hand.

LOL true but if he skimps on the dogs he might get them set that will eat anything

yes this thread has gone way over there somewhere

(FYI: latest posts aren't from my wife, Linda; now I started to write here.)

A question: we have relatively old windows, is it possible to enter the house through windows without traces (damage)? Yes, I know we were advised to use tapes to detect it, and we will do so; so just asking. Because we were told that if a window is opened from outside, it leaves physical traces;especially because when going out, they need to close it again from outside.

Yep,

PIR alone is not a big deal

PIR and Microwave a little more challenging

but possible

We were advised by a security expert company (not the same one) to use PIR+Microwave, manufactured by Bosch. They say these sensors detect even the smallest movement, impossible to trick.

I know that so-called "dead zones" exist for microwaves, and PIR can be tricked too with some tricks. But these dead zones must be part of environment, so the intruder can't just bring a metal thing and hold it in front of himself... And the company also said this type of Bosch sensor is so sensitive that its PIR sensor can't be tricked.

So we're thinking of getting installed these sensors everywhere in the house, especially near entrances, and then it will be connected to the same alarm service (security company that does remote monitoring) than the current system. Of course, we would keep the CCTV system as well, and install outdoor cameras as well.

Are these Bosch sensors not foolproof? OK not against the Intelligence Agencies, but against a radio/burglary pro?

Try the tape to narrow down what anyone could be doing. Also, do you have wifi? Could be an easy way to get into your systems.

Yes, but it uses WPA2-PSK, and we changed this key some time ago (my cousin is an informatics engineer). It's not written down anywhere, it's stored in KeePass password safe software, in my laptop. My laptop has no worm in it, it has been TrueCrypt protected from the beginning.

And another thing: even if we assume they entered the DVR software (Identivision is the manufacturer), the software logs all user logins (at least, currently, my successful logins are visible in the log, and ONLY my logins). And even this software doesn't allow you DELETE any recordings.

Based on the above, it seems unlikely that it's a network-based attack.

Btw we were a bit vague earlier; to be precise, there were minor signs on the doors/locks, but on almost all doors; it looks like they try to make chaos by damaging everything a bit, but just very small damage so it cannot be called damage "legally", and police is really useless here by the way. So surely it was lockpicking, the question is that now after the CCTV system was installed, how they could do those three minor manipulations (including a change in a drawer in the bedroom, and the bedroom is only accessible from another room and through windows -- both are covered by a CCTV camera).

We were advised by a security expert company (not the same one) to use PIR+Microwave, manufactured by Bosch. They say these sensors detect even the smallest movement, impossible to trick.

this will just be a waste of money. if you want sensors then use beams two transmmiters is all you need to cove all round a house.

PIR. work by detecting heat and movement so you will get some bad alarms. Beams need a fisical break. (by the way you cant see the beam) thats just to show you how they work.

also were are you based. if you think they have your phone monitored most phone companies have a test number to see if its tapped. in the uk its 1707 i wont give the last number. but this can tell you alot about your phone. and even if they are next door and they have linked to yours you can make that phone ring.

182361_1.jpg

We were advised by a security expert company (not the same one) to use PIR+Microwave

Check out the Rokonet Dual Tech Motions.

Thats not the standard Optex beam though.

this will just be a waste of money. if you want sensors then use beams two transmmiters is all you need to cove all round a house.

PIR. work by detecting heat and movement so you will get some bad alarms. Beams need a fisical break. (by the way you cant see the beam) thats just to show you how they work.

also were are you based. if you think they have your phone monitored most phone companies have a test number to see if its tapped. in the uk its 1707 i wont give the last number. but this can tell you alot about your phone. and even if they are next door and they have linked to yours you can make that phone ring.

182361_1.jpg

Btw we were a bit vague earlier; to be precise, there were minor signs on the doors/locks, but on almost all doors; it looks like they try to make chaos by damaging everything a bit, but just very small damage so it cannot be called damage "legally", and police is really useless here by the way. So surely it was lockpicking, the question is that now after the CCTV system was installed, how they could do those three minor manipulations (including a change in a drawer in the bedroom, and the bedroom is only accessible from another room and through windows -- both are covered by a CCTV camera).

If your DVR is set to record continuous, you will see something.

It might be time to consider that your "security company" may be involved, and seek outside help.

this will just be a waste of money.

The dual techs are kick azz.

Just put 2x 80' Rokonet Dual Techs in a warehouse.

Those suckers pick you up no matter what, and at distances of 50-70 feet no less, even being mounted fairly high in a hot warehouse. Got 2 of them covering a warehouse of 150' length approx, maybe 30 feet wide .. cant get by them for nothing. Also got a PIR at the roll up door, but if you are hot and its hot .. lucky if that one ever triggers.

Let me clarify.

I have installed HUNDREDS of optex beams.

THAT is not the standard Optex beam.

That costs ALOT more than the standard Optex beam.

Thats not the standard Optex beam though.

it is standard. you can buy off the shelf 1-2-4-6-8 or 12 beam (only 1 pole has the beams in)

Let me clarify.

I have installed HUNDREDS of optex beams.

THAT is not the standard Optex beam.

That costs ALOT more than the standard Optex beam.

if you buy 1 optex you get the beams and cover if you need hight in your beams you order just the beams and no cover. and buy a fixing cover to the hight of the beams which work out at the same price

Thanks, those beams sound good too.

You mention false alarms -- but we plan these dual sensors inside the house (and we don't have cat/mice). So I think they will be OK. (Outside, by the way, there are "wild" cats, I mean cats without an owner, just coming into the garden, then leaving. So they would trigger those optex stuff too, I'm sure, causing a false alarm.)

if you buy 1 optex you get the beams and cover if you need hight in your beams you order just the beams and no cover. and buy a fixing cover to the hight of the beams which work out at the same price

The optex photobeams consist of a receiver and transmitter - single or dual IR beam.

And they vary in distance (and size) based on the model you buy.

How does that relate to the redwall, which is a totally different product?